Technology Internships, Grace Hopper - Summer 2020
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 703134BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 11/09/2019
From Walt Disney’s early multi-plane camera, to the largest wearable business in the world with Disney’s MagicBand, to ESPN+ becoming the fastest-growing subscription streaming service, The Walt Disney Company has spent nearly 100 years immersing audiences in new and stunning experiences using groundbreaking technology. When next generation technology meets talented people ready to tackle challenges still to be imagined, anything can happen.
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
Disney Technology internships are available in all business units and brands across The Walt Disney Company, including: Direct to Consumer and International, Corporate Enterprise Technology, Disney Streaming Services, The Walt Disney Studios, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Lucasfilm/ILM, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products, and Walt Disney Imagineering.
Internships are open for Summer 2020 in the following locations:
Please note: Company housing is only available on a first-come, first-serve basis in Bristol, CT and Orlando, FL. All other locations would require interns to provide their own housing.
- Bristol, CT
- Orlando, FL
- Seattle, WA
- New York, NY
- Burbank/Glendale, CA
- San Francisco, CA
Responsibilities:Day in the life…
Make a significant impact for some of the most successful brands in the media and entertainment business by participating in challenging projects, in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. As part of an agile team, you will work alongside other talented technologists who share your passion!
- Software engineering (Full-stack, Backend, Frontend, Mobile and Web)
- UI/UX Design
- Data Science
- Product and Project Management
- Computer Graphics
- Emerging Technology (Machine Learning, Innovation, Advanced Technologies)
- Information Technology (Networking, Security, Systems Engineering)
Required EducationCurrently pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, Statistics, Computer Graphics, Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Information Technology or related field.
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.