Already applied?View Dashboard
Timing DirectorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 643750BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Television Animation Date posted Mar. 01, 2019
Job Summary:The main responsibility for the Timing Director is to ensure that the Director and Executive Producer’s overall creative vision for the timing of the show is understood by the studio producing the animation through completion of timing on the x-sheets (exposure sheets). The Timing Director is also expected to do timing.
- Supervises the Sheet Timers whose main responsibility is to time the dialogue and action from the animatic and storyboards
- Does sheet timing and lip assignment as necessary, or is one of the staffed Sheet Timers
- Maintains production schedule provided by Line Producer to ensure cost effective, timely production (if no Timing Supervisor is staffed on series)
- Ability to produce approximately 90-100ft/day (depending on complexity of series) if applicable
- Ability to align with style and sensibility of show
- Positive attitude with the ability to be flexible
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written, e-social skills and acumen
- Solid and consistent time-management skills
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Animation departments. Experience as an Animator or Director is helpful but not a requirement.
- Knowledge of Traditional Animation and CG Animation
Preferred EducationBachelor degree or equivalent work experience
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.