Already applied?View Dashboard
Title Artist / Sr. Motion Graphics DesignerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 664116BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted May. 02, 2019
Job Summary:It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
The Disney Creative Hive team manages and develops creative marketing assets in support of our Global Theatrical and In-home releases. The Hive falls under Theatrical Marketing and Distribution, and will collaborate with all other creative partners across the Studio and The Walt Disney Company.
This position will primarily be responsible for motion graphics work for Theatrical, content and in-home campaigns, as well as miscellaneous projects such as corporate reels. They must be proficient in Cinema 4D. They must have working knowledge and be proficient in After Effects as well. This experience is required.
- Motion graphics, Illustrator & Photoshop work, 3D animation, and more.
- Absorb creative direction while bringing unique ideas to the table.
- Design and create graphics and animations while maintaining Disney’s overall brand and image.
- Maintain personal design area for optimal workflow.
- Ensure compliance with company guidelines, deadlines and design standards.
- Work with creative teams to understand project scope and objectives.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Able to work on multiple deadlines at once.
- Strong eye for design and visual storytelling.
- Must be able to work well within a team and take direction while working independently.
- Organized and efficient, with ability to adhere to established workflow practices.
- Must be a conceptual thinker.
- Great eye for typography and information design
- 5+ years of experience working as a designer for theatrical motion graphics.
- Highly competent in Photoshop + Illustrator + After Effects.
- Cinema 4D experience required, xparticles experience a plus.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Great typography and layout skills an absolute must, composition and color with experience in motion graphics & animation.
- Ability to conceptualize, design, and animate motion graphics for use in marketing for theatrical and broadcast campaigns.
- Knowledge/experience with Adobe applications—primarily After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and Cinema 4Ds
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Traveling Lab, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
The Traveling Lab is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.