Title Manager - Library and Technical Services – Project HireApply NowApply Later Job ID 763269BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jul. 16, 2020
It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Studio Operations is comprised of multiple disciplines related to the postproduction of our films. This includes localizing formats for global theatrical release, ensuring consistency and continuity in the voice and representation of our characters in media formats worldwide, ensuring secure delivery of films to exhibitors, retailers, and homes worldwide, converting of classic film content into digital formats, and managing of all Walt Disney Studios production and postproduction facilities (including sound stages and the Digital Studio).
The Walt Disney Studios Library and Technical Services organization is looking for a Title Manager to oversee new release management, account management, and process improvement.
Responsibilities:Roles & Responsibilities:
New release management –
• Manage all aspects of a new release titles to ensure right the first time and on time delivery of orders to 115+ global retailers. This includes being involved and contributing on the localization strategy and planning efforts, tracking assets and getting all relevant assets registered into Delta, issue resolution, communicating to internal and external stakeholders the release strategy and being the expert on all matters related to the titles being managed. In addition, submit and monitor automated orders.
Account management –
• Being the lead account manager to both local and global accounts. This includes providing exceptional customer service, taking orders and translating them into executable jobs, vendor management, planning and managing a delivery schedule and using client systems per client requests.
• Tracks asset creation and availability/readiness of core materials to support distribution requirements for each digital execution event (pre-orders, launches, asset refreshes, marketing/sustainment campaigns, etc.)
• Teams with the Lifecycle Planning and Product/Marketing teams to specifically address requirements associated with global digital product configurations and digital distribution platform profiles (capabilities, limitations and development roadmaps); provides project support on specific initiatives, which may be title franchise, market and/or platform specific
• Support team with managing multiple digital storefronts (ie iTunes, Google) and ensure storefronts are properly propagated with the correct product configuration, information and availability dates.
• Monitor storefronts to ensure availed content is live and non-availed content is taken down the storefront
• Able to use multiple tools and systems to manage digital metadata
• Ability to communicate (written and verbal) with internal and external stakeholders
• Manage and track invoices, billing and budget
• Manage vendors SLA
Process improvement –
• Own key processes and metrics and continuously look for process improvement opportunities both form a workflow and systems stand point.
• Support process improvements for availing, collecting, formatting and delivering content assets in the digital space.
• Document standard operating procedures and recommend process improvement ideas.
• Ability to consolidate and understand data sets in excel
• Ability to help facilitate root cause analysis and gather data points to improve process
- 2-4 years’ experience in a professional capacity in related areas of expertise (e.g., post production or studio facility technical operations with knowledge of digital media tools. Subject matter expertise in EST/VOD/Digital distribution specifications, file and packaging formats workflows, deliverables and quality metrics
- Up-to-date technical knowledge in A/V, digital media tools and technologies
- Ability to anticipate and respond to client requirements in a pro-active.
- Previous customer service experience and managing clients.
- Previous experience in working with and managing vendors
- Undergraduate degree in TV/Film, Business and/or equivalent work-related experience.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.