Trailer EditorApply NowApply Later Job ID 852550BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Sep. 13, 2021
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
Reporting to the Vice President, Creative Film Services this position will primarily contribute to the management of Theatrical, television and online content, liaising with Creative Executives, Filmmakers and Creative Vendors.
This is a IA-EditSnd L700 position covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
- Work closely with VP to manage post production / finishing of worldwide audiovisual marketing materials
- Identify, and track VFX
- Request and track feature dialogue and sound design
- Oversee and disseminate finishing preps for picture, graphics and audio elements
- Liaise with feature post supervisors, VFX teams, sound designers, DP, director, Disney studio executives, international offices, other Disney divisions, etc.
- Liaise with TV finishing agency
- Manage finishing deliverables on all theatrical trailers
- Track all versions of trailers in creative process
- Enforce security protocols, maintaining security of all materials, including ensuring digital fingerprinting of all trailers through Content Security
- Manage and fulfill the creative editing deliverable in a timely and efficient manner and in various AV formats
- Candidate must be extremely organized and have a great eye for detail. Great follow-up a must.
- Thrive in working in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Okay with working extended hours and sometimes weekends.
- Demonstrate the ability to be proactive and resourceful.
- Able to juggle many different projects in various degrees of completion at the same time.
- Able to work independently and as a team.
- Knowledge of all digital formats relating to picture and audio production
- Knowledge of all elements required for TV and Theatrical finishing
- Ability to manage a high volume of details with excellent accuracy
- Basic understanding of broadcast deliverables and delivery methods
- Firm understanding of video compression and standard codecs used for broadcast and online
- Solid understanding of quality control
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Traveling Lab, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
The Traveling Lab is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.