User Experience Research Intern - Movies Anywhere, Burbank, Fall 2019
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 677527BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 11/06/2019
Job Summary:Movies Anywhere is the next generation of in-home entertainment, providing an unparalleled digital entertainment experience. Leveraging cutting edge technology, unique partnerships, and a talented team, Movies Anywhere is an exclusive, cross-platform, cloud-based movie service that enables consumers to seamlessly discover, grow, access, and enjoy their personal digital movie collection across a variety of studios, retailers, and platforms all in one convenient app and/or website.
We are looking for a User Experience Research Intern to conduct independent research, analyze user behavior and work with User Experience Designers, Product Managers, Marketers and Engineers to improve our product features and develop new ones. Your work will touch our native mobile, web and 10-foot (TV) platforms, and you are encouraged to identify new opportunities for user experience improvements. We strive to represent the user throughout our product, and your job is to make their interaction with our product intuitive and accessible.
- Design and conduct user studies to gauge the perception and usability of new and existing product features.
- Make concrete, data-driven recommendations for change based on your findings.
- Communicate with team members throughout the process.
- Relevant work/project experience in an applied research setting including but not limited to integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design.
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Experience using the UserTesting.com platform.
Required EducationJunior, Senior, Graduate Level student, or recent graduate (within 6 months) pursuing an undergraduate or advanced degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Information Science, User Experience Design, Human Factors, or related field.
Preferred EducationGraduate Level student (Masters or PhD) pursuing an advanced degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Information Science, User Experience Design, Human Factors, or related field.
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall), or have graduated within the last 6 months prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Not have already completed two consecutive (spring/fall) College or Professional Internship Programs
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney Cast Members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland Cast Members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Interns must be available to work full-time for the duration of the internship.
Housing: Interns must be able to provide their own housing for the duration of the internship.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Movies Anywhere, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Movies Anywhere is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.