Vendor Manager, Technology SourcingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 733552BR Location Burbank, California, United States; Seattle, Washington, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 07, 2020
This role is within the Technology Sourcing and Procurement organization team of TWDC. The successful hire will be responsible for managing a large number of Managed IT Services vendors and their contracts, being the lead sourcing person on RFX projects and being the internal go to person for current research and market information with respect to the Managed IT Services Category. The position location may be based in Seattle or Burbank.
- Relies on experience and judgment to achieve goals.
- Leading or supporting cross-functional teams through full life-cycle sourcing projects including project planning & management, analysis & strategy, supplier evaluation & selection, negotiation, and ongoing supplier relationship management
- Creating and delivering compelling quantitative analyses and solution-focused presentations that influence key decision-makers
- Cultivating stakeholder relationships by serving as a business partner, helping identify critical business needs and providing sourcing services, both strategic and tactical, that exceed their expectations
- Fostering a collaborative environment among stakeholders and with other supporting teams
- (e.g., Legal, Finance, Segment-specific Sourcing teams, etc.)
- Mentoring less-experienced staff and driving internal capability development
- Seven years of sourcing or related experience, with at least three years supporting the sourcing of professional and/or staff supplementation services, including conducting direct supplier negotiations.
- Experience in a leading analytical and/or sourcing role for at least one outsourcing or managed services agreements involving infrastructure management, application development and/or maintenance, network services, end user computing, help desk services, and/or IT security.
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Ability to perform detailed quantitative analysis in MS Excel
- Strong project management experience
- Ten years of sourcing or related experience, with at least five years supporting the sourcing of professional services and/or staff supplementation services, including experience in a leading role in the sourcing of a large-scale IT managed services agreement for a Fortune 100 company.
- Internal or external business consulting experience.
- Experience in a leading sourcing role for at least three outsourcing or managed services agreements involving infrastructure management, application development and/or maintenance, network services, end user computing, help desk services, and/or IT security.
- Experience working for a large managed services provider
- Experience litigating disputes over large managed services IT agreements.
- Experience in designing and implementing new processes in a complex environment
- Experience participating in the development and deployment of new business applications, preferably in the areas of sourcing, supplier management, contract management, project management, and/or reporting
- Experience in media/entertainment industry
- Experience in pricing analysis and modeling
- Experience working for and negotiating with Fortune 100 companies
- Experience with Ariba or other eProcurement tools
- Experience with SAP or other ERP
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- High School mathematics
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.