VFX CoordinatorApply NowApply Later Job ID 831489BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jul. 26, 2021
Searchlight Pictures is a global specialty film company that develops, produces, finances and acquires motion pictures for both worldwide theatrical and streaming releases. It has its own marketing and distribution operations, and is part of The Walt Disney Studios, a division of The Walt Disney Company. Founded in 1994 as Fox Searchlight Pictures, the company’s titles have grossed over $5 billion worldwide, amassing 28 Golden Globe Awards, 49 BAFTA awards, and 43 Academy Awards including five Best Picture winners since 2009: Slumdog Millionaire, 12 Years a Slave, Birdman, The Shape of Water, and Nomadland. Upcoming feature releases include Ahmir “Questlove” Thompson’s award-winning Summer Of Soul (…Or, When The Revolution Could Not Be Televised), David Bruckner’s The Night House, Michael Showalter’s The Eyes of Tammy Faye, Scott Cooper’s Antlers, Guillermo del Toro’s Nightmare Alley, Wes Anderson’s The French Dispatch, and Taika Waititi’s Next Goal Wins. The company includes Searchlight Television, which develops and produces series for streaming, network, and cable partners.
Searchlight Pictures is seeking a VFX Coordinator reporting to the VP, VFX.
- Screening incoming calls, managing the calendar, meetings, extensive travel arrangements, expense reports, organizing, and handling reroute requests for the VP, VFX.
- Evaluate weekly Production Status Reports and perform comparative analyses of key shots and turnover/delivery dates with contracted information.
- Liaise between VFX Producer, studio executives, vendors, and attorneys to draft contracts for vendors and key VFX personnel. This includes gathering and reviewing all materials (bids, turnover and payment schedules), and comparing contract language to previous contracts.
- Manage and maintain the VFX Database of Supervisors, Producers, Vendors, and other key VFX crew worldwide (source: current resumes, vendor reels, e-mail correspondences, daily trade papers, and internet research).
- Manage and track digital submissions to and from vendor during post-production.
- Coordinate between studio, filmmakers, and vendors to arrange VFX reviews for select shows.
- Take notes at reviews, distribute notes to appropriate vendors, track shot progress and ensure we stay on schedule for final delivery (for assigned films of VP, VFX)
- Manage VFX shared folders for assigned films, updates film files with appropriate updated reports and lists as well as change orders.
- Updates master production calendar for assigned films of VP, VFX involving updates on turnover, shooting and final delivery dates from vendors.
- Special projects as assigned requiring analysis and reporting of work processed thru executive’s projects.
- Acts as back up to department coordinator when needed to handle routing of purchase orders, invoices for approval or other assignments as directed.
- Experienced in managing heavy volume desk.
- File Maker Pro knowledge strongly preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to handle multiple projects under deadline pressure.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with customer service orientation and tone.
- Handles incoming calls from vendors as needed; coordinates administrative projects as directed.
- Available to work late evenings as needed.
- Knowledge of SAP procedure to pay helpful.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.