Vice President - CompensationApply Now Apply Later Job ID 725439BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Nov. 18, 2019
Walt Disney Television (WDT) is a collection of studios and brands comprised of 20th Century Fox Television, ABC Studios, ABC News, Disney Channels Worldwide, FreeForm, the owned TV Stations, and Fox 21 Television Studios (including FX and National Geographic). DTS produces the most award-winning, culture-defining programming for all platforms including “This Is Us,” “Grey’s Anatomy,” “Homeland,” “Modern Family,” “black-ish,” “Fosse/Verdon,” “American Horror Story” and “Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger.” Disney Television Studios currently produces 69 series across 16 broadcast, cable, digital and international platforms. Its programming now reaches more than a billion people every day across the world; in as many as 180 countries, across six continents, in 30 different languages.
As the head of Compensation for WDT, you will drive work closely with leaders across the organization to drive a Compensation, Workforce Management & HRIS strategy in line with WDT business needs, culture, and values. As a member of the senior HR Leadership team, we are looking for a leader who thrives in a relationship driven culture and brings a willingness to bring creative and flexible thinking to the needs of the business.
The Vice President Compensation, Workforce Management & HRIS, reports to the Senior Vice President Global Human Resources Talent & Workforce Diversity for WDT. The position leads a team of Executives, Managers and Professionals.
The role is based in Burbank, CA.
- Influence in a highly-collaborative and relationship-driven environment; quickly assess the organization and its people, build credibility, navigate the nuances of a culture that, with the recent acquisition of the Fox businesses, is in constant evolution
- Influence/motivate change to drive business objectives.
- Successfully operate with agility in an ambiguous environment.
- Create strategic, flexible compensation frameworks that reflect the specifics of the marketplace while remaining true to the overall TWDC philosophy.
- Collaborate with compensation executives within the Walt Disney Company, including our Corporate entity, to provide a comprehensive, integrated vision across the enterprise.
- Demonstrate broad-based leadership capabilities; with proven success in driving engagement and accountability of team members.
- Gain credibility and influence within a diverse and creative workforce, in a fast-paced environment, where external industry forces require a fast, flexible and creative approach to complex issues.
- Ensure alignment of total rewards with culture and business strategy for both Walt Disney Television and The Walt Disney Company.
- Introduce and drive innovative compensation programs, from concept to execution.
- Provide consultation in the design, development, implementation, and administration of executive and other compensation programs, including base pay, annual bonus program, sales incentive plans, employment contracts and long term incentives.
- Work closely with leadership, utilizing influencing and problem-solving skills to gain the right input into compensation issues, understanding leaders’ perspectives, developing consensus, and communicating final compensation decisions.
- Ensure a balanced approach to attracting and retaining top talent and the desire to remain internally and externally competitive.
- Successfully navigate the complexity of the business and the media industry on a global scale.
- Demonstrate strategic capabilities and business acumen; understand the future direction and objectives of the organization to help drive a total rewards platform to support the future.
- Effectively translate the vision and strategy into clear priorities and direction to a broad set of stakeholders.
- Advocate for and drive continuous innovation; push the boundaries; demonstrate courage and risk-taking; display a curiosity for the business.
- Leverage business and financial acumen; develop department-wide budgets linked to the annual plan.
- Develop the methodology and technical processes to deliver HR information in a useful format
- Oversee HR Information Systems functions and metrics reporting to ensure data integrity, functionality and accuracy of data.
- 10+ years of experience driving an integrated approach to compensation within a reputable media organization
- Demonstrated understanding of a complexity of multiple stakeholders with different perspectives with the ability to articulate and integrate their points of view
- Exceptional leadership, communication and influencing skills
- Experience in complex project management with the ability to deliver quality recommendations and solutions in a timely and detailed way
- Bachelor’s degree
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.