Already applied?View Dashboard
Vice President - Current ProgrammingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 658936BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Apr. 11, 2019
Job Summary:ABC Entertainment Group seeks a qualified candidate for a VP, Current Programming position in Los Angeles. In this the role, the person will represent the Network on assigned existing series.
- Manage current programming responsibilities on multiple shows to help cultivate unique, compelling and brand-appropriate scripted series content.
- Support the creative development of existing shows, which involves but is not limited to:
- Reading & giving notes on stories, outlines and scripts.
- Supervising the staffing of writers and directors.
- Watching dailies and rough cuts, and giving notes.
- On-set coverage of productions when necessary.
- Serving as a facilitator, arbitrator, mediator, coach, tie-breaker, etc. with talent.
- Seek direct feedback from Head of Current Programming on work related priorities.
- Collaborate with other ABC Entertainment departments on various issues as needed (Business Affairs, S&P, PR, Marketing, Digital Media, etc.).
- Spearhead problem solving and crisis management resolution with studio partners and outside producers on all production and programming issues.
- Manage special projects and assignments as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 10 years overall work experience.
- Significant experience working at a network or studio in development or current programming.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the scripted series production process.
- Strong existing relationships with production companies, agents, producers, etc.
- Demonstrated creative and story development skills.
- Knowledge of and interest in ABC content and target demographic.
- Self-motivated to develop new ideas.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Ability to multitask and manage complex projects.
Preferred Qualifications:Significant experience working with drama series, either in development or current programming.
Required EducationBachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.