Vice President Labor RelationsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 746137BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Media Networks Date posted Feb. 06, 2020
- Prepare for, plan, negotiate and implement collective bargaining agreement terms, policies, agreements, and procedures
- Advise production, finance, business and legal affairs and company executives on the application of collective bargain agreements, devising and recommending problem solving solutions
- Represent the company in single and multi-employer negotiations
- Advise management on union population employee, employee relations, and performance related issues, problems, discipline, etc.
- Guide management and HR on disciplinary and/or employee grievance issues within the union population
- Participation in mediations, arbitrations and related meetings on behalf of company
- Serve as a liaison and point of contact with unions
- Ensures the company is complying with union and guild agreements
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with union representatives while advocating for the company
- Supervise other Labor Relations staff
- Remain current on labor and employment law developments and television industry trends
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in labor law / labor relations
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking, fast paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 10+ years’ experience in labor law / labor relations
- Entertainment industry experience strongly preferred
- Licensed Attorney in State of CA or Registered in-House Counsel
Required EducationBachelor’s degree or equivalent
Preferred EducationJD from an accredited law school
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.