Vice President, Media Relations (Disney Entertainment Television)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10047662 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney General Entertainment Content Date posted May 08, 2023
This executive works with all brands at Disney Entertainment Television on crisis communications strategies, issues-oriented messaging – with an emphasis on social-impact awareness, trends, and practices – and executive communications. This executive must be pro-active to identify potential brand and content hazards early and flexible enough to respond to unexpected events. This executive oversees a small team of communications professionals and collaborates with relevant senior executives throughout the organization in support of our titles, talent, and initiatives. This individual will have pre-existing relationships with industry partners, including representatives of other studios, platforms, agencies, guilds, organizations, and other bodies representing various interests within the entertainment business, as well as talent, and will establish and maintain new relationships critical to the scope of work.
- Spearhead the development and execution of crisis communications strategies to stay ahead of critical issues involving talent, content, and personnel.
- Provide expert and insightful perspectives on a variety of issues and topics related to our industry, based on prior experience in related fields, such as production, news gathering and reporting, or public affairs.
- Oversee efforts to identify potentially controversial show content and develop appropriate messaging to help shape its reception by audiences and critics.
- Develop and oversee cohesive messaging strategies that promote our titles and brands among talent and industry executives.
- Identify external communications opportunities and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
- Manage executive communications efforts, including speechwriting, and identify external opportunities for executives to promote our content and brands.
- Respond to press inquiries on various matters and serve as point of contact with key media members.
- Provide strategic counsel to senior leaders and show creatives on issues-oriented messaging as needed.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, talent, and media representatives.
- Deep experience with or understanding of crisis communications strategies, ideally at a streaming platform, television network or studio. Experience with international markets and/or business development is a plus.
- A keen eye and sophisticated editorial sense to identify potential issues with show content and the ability to communicate concerns with relevant internal constituents.
- Significant hands-on experience successfully crafting and executing communications/messaging campaigns across a variety of trade and consumer media.
- Ability to function as a highly effective member of Disney Entertainment Television’s senior management team and to work collaboratively with internal constituents.
- Experience in talent relations
- Individual must have pre-existing relationships with media outlets and industry partners.
- Individual must be an excellent writer, editor and communicator of ideas and strategies, with speechwriting experience a plus.
- Must be pro-active and decisive, able to oversee and manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
The hiring range for this position in Burbank, California is $223,400 to $307,230 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney General Entertainment Content:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.