Already applied?View Dashboard
Vice President - Media RelationsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 531777BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Media Networks Brand Disney ABC Television Group Date posted 03/07/2018
The VP, Media Relations will oversee the corporate public and media relations efforts for Freeform, and act as a strategic advisor to the network President and executive team on all communications matters. This executive will plan and direct messaging campaigns for Freeform content, and develop communication strategies that promote, enhance and protect the Freeform brand. This executive will also manage a team of publicists in crafting messaging, media and press strategies, and monitor pop culture and business trends to create opportunities for exposure.Apply Now Apply Later
- Develop communications strategies to promote the Freeform brand and its content on all platforms.
- Lead the development and execution of public relations campaigns across business, trade and consumer outlets.
- Respond to press inquiries on various matters and serve as primary point of contact with key media members.
- Spearhead all crisis communications efforts.
- Oversee Talent Relations and manage the media footprint of on-screen talent as it relates to Freeform content.
- Develop and oversee cohesive business-to-business messaging strategies that promote Freeform’s positive reputation amongst talent and industry executives.
- Work with Freeform’s leadership team and staff to identify internal and external communications opportunities and solutions, and then define and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
- Partner with a variety of internal parties to support programming and ongoing business needs.
- Oversee communications strategy and manage its execution for awards programs and other live events.
- Provide strategic guidance and tactical assistance to executives to prepare them for media events, speeches, presentations, and interviews.
- Develop publicity opportunities for studio and entertainment execs.
- Partner with Freeform development executives to determine appropriate information to disseminate to media and creative community.
- Partner with EPs and show-runners to determine potential opportunities for them in the media.
- Closely partner with the Marketing team to promote the Freeform brand and broaden the social media impact of Freeform content.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach on a consistent basis.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, and conduct annual performance appraisals.
- 10+ years of related work experience in the television industry in publicity or media relations.
- 5+ years management experience leading teams, developing strategy, executing press plans.
- A track record leading/managing successful communications strategies at a studio, network or outside agency.
- Crisis management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Deep press/media contacts.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Talent relations experience.
- Budget management experience.
- Editorial Experience.
- Strong history of building awareness outside of traditional media outlets.
- A strong vision for social communication with a deep understanding of how to leverage influencers and social platforms to reach audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, or equivalent work experience in corporate communications, PR, or media relations.