VP Business Affairs, 20th TelevisionApply Now Apply Later Job ID 903986BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business 20th Television Date posted Jan. 06, 2022
- Negotiate a high volume and wide variety of development agreements, pilot and series agreements with above-the-line talent, rights agreements and other deals as necessary
- Analyze contracts in response to business questions, and provide information as necessary
- Manage relationships with agents, lawyers and studio executives throughout entertainment industry
- Advise different business groups on a wide variety of business and legal matters.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills, with a demonstrated track record of sound business and legal judgment
- Results oriented, proactive and highly responsive
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal skills
- Extensive hands-on experience with complex contracts
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage a heavy work load
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-volume environment and to remain composed under pressure
- Collaborative and team-oriented approach
- Demonstrated knowledge of the scripted series production process
- Strong existing relationships with entertainment attorneys, agents, and studio and network/platform business affairs executives is helpful
- Comfortable communicating with all levels of management
- Minimum of 10 years overall work experience
Required EducationJuris Doctorate (JD) from an accredited institution preferred
About 20th Television:
20th Television is one of the industry's most prolific suppliers of primetime television programming and entertainment content, including the No 1. Series on all of broadcast, NBC’s THIS IS US; Fox’s No. 1 drama, 9-1-1 and No. 1 comedy LAST MAN STANDING, ABC’s five-time Emmy Award-winner MODERN FAMILY, FX’s No. 1 series AMERICAN HORROR STORY; and the longest-running primetime scripted series in the history of television, THE SIMPSONS, in addition to dozens of others. The studio’s cable production division, Fox 21 Television Studios, is responsible for acclaimed and award-winning series including AMERICAN CRIME STORY, HOMELAND, THE AMERICANS, SONS OF ANARCHY, GENIUS and POSE. The studio’s content now reaches more than a billion people every day across the world; in as many as 180 countries, across six continents, in 30 different languages.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Touchstone Television Productions, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call 20th Television.
Touchstone Television Productions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.