VP Business Affairs (Freeform)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 781877BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Freeform Date posted Apr. 07, 2021
- Structuring, negotiating, documenting and managing of the studio’s transactions to engage above-the-line talent (writers, producers, directors and actors), acquire underlying rights, and license the studio’s content on all broadcast, basic and pay cable, and on-demand platforms.
- Facilitating, planning and coordinating with internal executives (especially creative and production teams) in connection with development and current series.
- Interfacing with Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) in connection with the exploitation of studio content to ensure optimal windowing of studio content globally
- Maintaining budgetary oversight of productions in partnership with Production and Finance executives to ensure that the creative vision for productions is accomplished within appropriate legal, financial and business guidelines.
- Must possess an ability to work independently within a team-oriented environment and have a commitment to learning and excellence.
- Superior analytical and writing skills and ability, together with strong business and financial acumen.
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills with the ability to execute against multiple, high-priority projects, with a keen attention to detail
- Proven track record as a skilled negotiator and deal-maker.
- Exceptional inter-personal communication skills.
- Demonstrated track record of holding to the highest degree of honesty and integrity.
- Minimum of 10 years’ overall work experience
- CA bar membership
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with International Family Entertainment, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Freeform.
International Family Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.