VP, Business Technology StrategyApply NowApply Later Job ID 988568BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 02, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The S&T team is also responsible to establish and lead transformation programs, mergers and acquisitions, and enterprise level technology changes to simplify and streamline delivery and support of technology services, maintain a strong security and compliance posture, support innovation at speed across Business Segments, and increase efficiency, effectiveness and quality of services provided by Enterprise Technology for TWDC enterprise.
The team consists of three functional areas:
Business Technology Strategy – Responsible for establishing strong partnerships with and deep knowledge of the Business Segments and becoming a “trusted advisor” for technology strategies, plans and services. The BTS team will be responsible for ensuring the integrated roadmaps created in partnership with value chain managers and Enterprise Technology teams meets both business and technology priorities and goals and drives to the jointly developed future state vision.
Value Chain Strategies and Roadmaps – Responsible for development and implementation of technology strategies and roadmaps developed in partnership with Corporate Functions and Enterprise Technology teams. The VCS team will ensure the roadmaps developed provide the right set of common services with the appropriate quality, cost, security, business continuity and compliance levels that can be leveraged across the enterprise for maximum value and efficiency
Transformation Programs – Responsible to lead transformation programs and initiatives across TWDC enterprise. The Transformation Program team will facilitate definition of program objectives and initiatives required to meet program objectives working across business and technology leadership teams. The team will facilitate initiation and feasibility phases for transformation programs prioritized for investment and establish appropriate program office resourcing to provide oversight and governance for successful delivery and value realization. The TPO will provide a comprehensive view (milestones, cost, risks/issues, status) of all transformation programs, business and technology, supported by Enterprise Technology.
This is an excellent opportunity for an IT leader looking to impact change at global, iconic, creative, and innovative organization in the midst of digital transformation.
The VP, Business Technology architects strategies and transformational programs for growth and value creation through innovation with our major ecosystem and alliance partners, portfolio optimization across business segments, and business model transformation.
The VP, Business Technology Strategy will serve as primary strategic technology partner to Disney business segments, building roadmaps and driving strategic initiatives to ensure maximum alignment between Enterprise Technology and segment technology teams, realizing value to the company. As part of the Strategy and Transformation group, this role will collaborate to enable innovation, identify technology opportunities, and enhance the digital business transformation
- Set and implement technology strategy in alignment with the overall corporate strategy and market development
- Develop and execute technology vision, strategy and portfolio while ensuring alignment with all stakeholders
- Develop key trusted relationships with executive decision makers within the assigned business segments, understanding business and technology strategies, objectives, and priorities.
- Build and maintain technology roadmaps and plans, integrating them into overall enterprise technology roadmaps.
- Partner with executives in the Enterprise Technology teams to define and prioritize technology needs/capabilities and the strategic initiatives and roadmap plan to deliver the technology platforms and solutions to support current and future segment business needs
- Direct and manage innovation efforts as well as all technological business needs
- Build, lead, and develop a technology team, promoting a positive environment and teamwork spirit, developing competence, and providing clear vision, issue resolution, motivation, and mentoring
- Develop organizational training and change management initiatives to support strategic priorities.
- Develop key performance metrics to measure success and identify and iterate on opportunities for optimization
- Ability to identify and analyze technology trends, synthesize technology outlooks, analyze/shape business and operating model design
- Track record of applying creative thinking to produce breakthrough strategies
- Experience with storyboarding and messaging across different stakeholder groups in a matrixed organization
- Executive presence and presentation skills, with demonstrable ability to effectively influence upward decision making
- Project management skills and experience managing a multi-disciplinary team
- 10+ years executive level technology leadership experience
- Proven success building high performing teams
- Full span of knowledge of digital experience, hosting (platform, server, and storage), cloud, network, and telecommunications technologies. Ability to “deep-dive” into emerging technologies and interact with internal and external experts; recommending potential partnerships that provide efficiencies and competitive advantage
- Relationship Management, Influencing and Negotiating: Promotes ideas and proposals persuasively; able to work through conflicts to negotiate win/win solutions that benefit the Business Units, Enterprise Technology and TWDC. Shapes stakeholder opinions effectively; projects a positive image of the organization. Provides strategic thought leadership. Ability to influence and partner with other teams in the delivery of tactical and strategic solutions
- Visionary Thinking: Has/establishes clear strategic vision for the business of operation; maintains long-term view; able to foresee obstacles and opportunities and generate breakthrough ideas.
- Shaping Strategy: Develops distinctive strategies to achieve competitive advantage; translates broad strategies into specific objectives and action plans.
- Drive Execution: Ensures the assignment of authority and accountability to for continuous improvement of service levels.
- Empowering Others: Creates an environment that fosters personal investment and excellence; nurtures other’s commitment to a common vision and shared values; provides opportunities for growth and achievement; facilitate collaboration and teamwork
- High-Impact Dialog: Delivers messages clearly, convincingly and in a well-organized manner; able to vary communications style for multiple audiences.
- Cultural Sensitivity: Understands and embraces diversity and possesses ability to adapt behavior based on cultural norms.
- Managing Change: Manages change effectively including organizational, process and service delivery changes. Successfully gains support for business-driven changes through effective and timely communication including rationale, scope and schedule.
Required EducationBachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.