VP - Corporate Communications, Disney Branded TelevisionApply NowApply Later Job ID 917397BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Jan. 13, 2022
- Develop an integrated communications strategy in line with Disney Branded Television’s business goals that establishes, expands and enhances the organization’s brand awareness and reputation both internally and externally.
- Establish objectives, manage execution and drive key results for communication efforts that shape and promote Disney Branded Television with employees, stakeholders, press and the public, and routinely measure success in alignment with broader brand strategies and the vision and goals of leadership.
- Develop and promote key messaging framework and narrative, and ensure consistent use across communications.
- Act as an advisor to leaders across Disney Branded Television, providing insights, perspective and counsel on strategies and issues.
- Raise the profile of Disney Branded Television and its executives by identifying and securing coverage in key publications and executive participation in prestigious industry events, panels and awards.
- Leverage relationships with the press and contacts industry events and organizations to positively position Disney Branded Television.
- Prepare management for speeches, presentations, talking points and interaction with media, stakeholders and employees.
- Lead the organization’s crisis and issues management efforts, including the development of comprehensive communications plans for strategic initiatives, human resources issues, regulatory concerns, government and labor relations developments, and legal matters.
- Work in complete collaboration with the Program Publicity team on programming content and talent issues as needed.
- Work closely with Human Resources and various teams across the organization to positively influence the Disney Branded Television’s culture and deliver internal communications and support of employee engagement initiatives.
- Provide Investor Relations with quarterly and annual earnings communications and talking points, regulatory reporting, and media prep about the business.
- Develop and maintain key performance highlights and accolades
- Remain abreast of industry developments and news, and communicate marketing intelligence and insights to the leadership team.
- Align with and support broader initiatives, priorities and values of The Walt Disney Company.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience overseeing corporate communications strategy and execution.
- Experience building and shepherding a brand.
- Crisis communications experience managing messaging and brand reputation.
- Ability to establish strategies, effectively executive, and innovate as needed to achieve the optimal outcome.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to grasp and translate complex and disparate ideas into a cohesive editorial with clear key messaging.
- Ability to influence senior leaders using sound judgment, wisdom and sensitivity.
- An inclusive leader with demonstrated experience guiding, motivating and developing top talent
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
- Dedication to creating a culture of collaboration and action.
- Thrive within a matrixed environment.
- Fluent in digital communication mediums and multi-channel communications strategies.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, PowerPoint and/or Keynote.
- Ideal candidate will have working experience in Communications in the media or entertainment industry
- Superior operational execution in development of plans, milestones and metrics that align with business objectives.
- Ability to collaborate across teams and varying priorities to maintain alignment on vision, strategy, and performance to goals.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively optimize the outcome through a focused hypothesis, thoughtful plan, creative execution, analytical feedback, critical thinking, solutions orientation, and agile adjustment.
- A dedication to transparency of the journey and use of iterative cycles to support continuous learning and improve outcomes.
- Sets a high bar for results through repeatable, sustainable processes.
- Persuasiveness and the ability to logically make a case that helps others arrive at the right decision for the business; shows persistence in raising issues to the proper levels for attention.
- Bachelor’s degrees from an accredited university, or equivalent work experience in communications, journalism, media relations or related field.
- MBA is a plus
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Riverside Television Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
Riverside Television Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.