VP, Corporate CommunicationsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 688906BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 02, 2019
The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) is seeking a dynamic leader to step into the role of Vice President, Corporate Communications to help lead the strategic development and execution of top-level communications activities for the Company.
We are looking for an experienced communications executive that will work closely with internal stakeholders and external media partners to enhance and uphold the integrity of TWDC brand and reputation in alignment with our Company values.
Responsibilities:Key areas of responsibility include media relations, issues management and crisis communications.
The right leader will have extensive experience dealing with key business media and developing strategic communications initiatives for corporate-level executives. They will also have significant experience leading teams in a fast-paced communications environment, where spotting emerging topics and issues and rapidly and effectively responding to news and corporate issues is key.
The executive will serve as a key adviser on communications issues to corporate-level executives and communications leaders and teams across the Company and will provide guidance to our executive team members in related communications strategies and messaging.
- Communications experience at a Fortune 500 company, preferably supporting corporate-level functions and executives.
- Experience leading and managing communications teams
- Proven experience and expertise in developing communication strategies that drive value for the company
- Significant Media Relations experience
- Deep experience in issues management and crisis communications
- Superb verbal and writing skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively and rapidly deliver information in a complex, multi-business global company
- Adept at leveraging social and digital platforms for communications goals as well as issues management
- Executive presence
- Ideal candidate possesses in-house corporate communications experience, communications experience in government, or agency experience
- Creativity, diplomacy, and ability to juggle heavy volume of diverse projects, including both strategic and tactical assignments
- Demonstrated track record in working with senior communications executives and c-suite principals
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.