Already applied?View Dashboard
VP, Creative AdvertisingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 709884BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Sep. 27, 2019
Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures Marketing is the global marketing arm of The Walt Disney Studios. Our business is responsible for the creative advertising, research, media, publicity and promotion of every movie released theatrically by the Walt Disney Studios – Disney Live Action, Marvel, Lucasfilm, Disney Animation, Pixar, Disneynature, 20thCentury Fox, and Blue Sky Studios. And we’re now excited to add to our portfolio, support of our new streaming service, Disney+.
Creative Advertising Services is responsible for the development, creation and execution of all creative audiovisual marketing materials for theatrically released live-action and animated films. We determine how to strategically position and market each film within the U.S. as well as assist the International team in creating materials for territories abroad. We also serve as a creative and strategic conduit through which many departments/divisions within the company come for assistance in creating materials, creative direction or approval. These special relationships are crucial to ensure that one unified campaign is communicated to the public. We work closely with every department within WDSMP and WDSMPI – including creative content, publicity, media, synergy, national promotions, online marketing, and distribution; Disney divisions include Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, theme parks & resorts, Walt Disney Records; Disney Store, publishing, Disney Interactive Studios, Disney Channel, consumer products, etc.
- Lead the strategic planning, development and creative execution of worldwide audiovisual advertising campaigns.
- Lead development of positioning statements and corresponding marketing strategies and materials.
- Collaborate creatively with various audiovisual agencies on audiovisual materials (trailers, tv spots, behind the scenes featurettes, online pods, viral videos, clips for publicity and online use, and internal presentation reels.
- Present campaigns to filmmakers, studio executives, international offices, other Disney divisions, etc.
- Oversee the finishing of audiovisual materials.
- 10+ years of marketing/advertising experience required
- 10+ years of experience in the creation of audiovisual materials – preferably within the entertainment industry.
- Audiovisual production and finishing experience/knowledge required.
- Experience interfacing with high level executives and filmmakers.
- Passion for advertising.
- Candidate must be extremely creative.
- Organized and have a great eye for detail. Great follow-up a must.
- Thrive in working in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Okay with working extended hours and sometimes weekends.
- Demonstrate the ability to be proactive and resourceful.
- Able to juggle many different projects in various degrees of completion at the same time.
- Able to work independently and as a team.
- Strong design sense.
- Have an understanding of basic storytelling.
- Have a strong understanding of copywriting.
- Bachelor’s degree. Preferably a degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Cinema/Television or related field.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.