VP, Creative Services-National Geographic & Disney Branded TelevisionApply NowApply Later Job ID 789437BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content, Disney Channel Date posted May 25, 2021
The VP will oversee project development and content operations in a cross functional environment. Partnering with the executive leadership team across all disciplines, this role will ensure operational excellence and brand integrity. The VP will oversee all internal and external project / production relationships to assure ideas maximize their fullest potential. This role will lead a talented multi-disciplinary team that is deeply rooted in strategy and execution; the VP will manage the end-to-end production process of marketing campaigns, programs and materials. This role excels at identifying and implementing cross- functional solutions that will drive operational scale and improved quality for all creative work. This person is an inspiring, inclusive leader that who has experience developing teams with common goals.
- Operationalize and lead full-service production teams to elevate craft, creativity, and effectiveness of marketing campaigns
- Establish strategy to effectively use in-house Production Management, Post-Production, Contingent Workforce Management teams in DC and LA locations
- Lead the production team and production resources with a particular focus on the development and successful implementation of best practices in our industry
- Explore new creative approaches to production and project management
- Integrate project management as part of the creative process
- Oversee all active productions to ensure that content is delivered on time, on budget and in line with high quality standards
- Coordinate with program management on financial and workflow analysis including strategizing on how to operate more efficiently, streamline workflow and communication, reduce costs, adapt to new policies and procedures
- Develop and manage the forecasting and annual budget to support marketing plans
- Mange, evolve and improve internal and external relationships for efficient and effective productions across all departments
- Provide continuous and clear updates to Head of Marketing on project estimates and actuals
- Weigh in during contractual negotiations to ensure the best deals with 3rd party vendors
- Continuously evaluate new production vendors to ensure that we always have a diversified and efficient network of best-in-class vendors in a place to support our continued growth in content creation
- Facilitate positive relationships with 3rd party production counterparts to invite collaboration and a working alliance to produce quality content
- Responsible for the health and growth of the department including providing positive and strong leadership, coaching, and mentoring for the production staff as well as monitor performance and results
- Able to not only predict, but respond to changing priorities and lead the team on daily adjustments and help them pivot quickly to best support content initiatives
- Be a specialist in the field, be informed with the industry trends and internal trends especially as they may influence or improve best practices with focus on stellar production standards
- Have oversight in the evaluation of all submitted budgets, production plans and cash flow schedules
- Be a problem solver with impact on savings for each project and be able to present innovative ideas
- Demonstrate ability to be diplomatic, yet impactful communicator
- Possess a high tolerance for constantly changing environment, as well as demonstrate the ability to be proactive and a team player
- Possess strong organizational and prioritization capabilities
- Minimum 12 years of integrated production leadership at an agency or in-house brand environment.
- Experience building and managing creative production teams
- Ability to understand systems and eﬀective workflows
- Deep understanding of creative strategy, project management, and creative infrastructures
- Collaborative leader
- Experience in creating content for all platforms
- Well versed in social media, broadcast and new technology.
- Assertive and eﬀective communicator. Ability to listen and provide clear direction, both verbally and written
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent negotiation skillset
- Solution oriented but can also anticipate future obstacles / challenges.
- Creative entrepreneur that can work well in a team environment.
- Experience working directly with C-suite and senior level executives.
- Well respected in the creative community and attracts talent
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.