VP Current Series, Disney Branded TelevisionApply NowApply Later Job ID 789238BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Apr. 30, 2021
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the Current Series department to ensure the delivery of unique, compelling and brand-appropriate scripted series content.
- Support the creative development and evolution of existing shows, which involves but is not limited to:
- Reading and giving notes on stories, outlines and scripts.
- Supervising the staffing of writers and directors.
- Watching and giving notes on dailies and rough cuts.
- On-set coverage of productions when necessary.
- Serving as a facilitator, arbitrator, mediator, coach with talent.
- Seek direct feedback from SVP, Development & Current Series on work-related priorities.
- Collaborate with other Disney Branded Television departments on various issues as needed (Business Affairs, S&P, Communications, Marketing, Research, etc.)
- Spearhead problem solving and crisis management resolution with studio partners and outside producers on all production and programming issues.
- Manage special projects and assignments as required.
- Significant experience working at a studio, network, or streamer in current series and/or development.
- Strong working knowledge of the business and creative aspects of scripted series production.
- A management and leadership approach that fosters collaboration, fairness and transparency.
- Solid relationships within the creative community – writers, producers, agents, etc.
- Demonstrable writing skills and excellent knowledge of script and story structure.
- Knowledge of and interest in DBT content and target demographic.
- Ability to communicate effectively with creative talent and all levels of management.
- A self-starter, who is assertive, enthusiastic and highly motivated.
- A passionate commitment to quality entertainment.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, and high-energy environment.
- A team player who works well with others.
Required EducationBachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with It's A Laugh Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
It's A Laugh Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.