VP Digital, Social Media & Engagement Strat (Disney Branded/Nat Geo)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 789438BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content, Disney Channel Date posted May 21, 2021
Our marketing mission is to drive engagement and conversation around our properties and platforms in the most iconic and world building way possible for our networks and streaming services.
This role will oversee development of social and multi-platform digital engagement in a cross functional environment. Partnering with the executive leadership team across all disciplines, and in tandem with other creative touchpoints such as broadcast promotion, motion and still design, and key art, this role will ensure strategic/performance/creative excellence and brand integrity. They will be responsible for the direction, development, and execution of marketing strategies and campaigns on digital and social media platforms to increase viewership, enhance brand awareness, brand integrations, generate subscribers, increase market share. This role will be fundamental in our commitment to growth/performance marketing for our platforms. This role should lead building acquisitions, SEM and loyalty strategies and have a point of view on marketing technology to ensure we can leverage digital channels to drive acquisition and retention.
This role will lead a talented multi-disciplinary team that is deeply rooted in strategy and creative execution; they will manage the end-to-end production process of marketing campaigns, programs and materials.
This position will oversee and mentor a team of high-performing employees who cover social media, content strategy, content execution, social insights, and influencer marketing and owned and operated website programming for our brands. Finally, the employee in this role will need to have a deep understanding of how to represent and maintain such meaningful brands in the digital space, all while successfully collaborating with the many social and digital teams within The Walt Disney Company both here and in the various territories around the world.
- Oversee the ideation, planning, and publishing of all Disney Branded Television and National Geographic social and digital content platforms including strategy, ideation, voice, operations and analytics.
- Enhance the team’s digital vision and strategy, and elevate the brand social accounts by evolving them from marketing platforms to content platforms.
- Oversee all aspects of creative execution in lock step with Marketing Story lead.
- Explore and develop best-in class, high-performing social creative that generates conversation/engagement and drives viewership and turns content premiers into cultural events.
- Provide thought leadership while partnering with leadership team for all digital production initiatives.
- Build thoughtful production processes and efficient workflow and obtain and allocate resources to achieve strategic and operating goals.
- Build and develop external relationships and curate creative partners.
- Develop and establish clear KPIs, goals, and benchmarks for the team and ensure a standard of excellence by evaluating performance against desired outcomes.
- Ensures that campaigns and promotions address changing digital markets across multiple platforms (e.g., online, mobile, digital music), markets and competitive conditions.
- Directs the development of metrics to measure the effectiveness of digital programs and campaigns and create technologies to share across the marketing COE.
- Ensure DBT and Nat Geo are at the forefront of digital innovation while ensuring the marketing leadership team is up to date on the evolving digital landscape.
- Partner with other marketing and digital functions across TWDC to develop strategic promotional plans to support growth initiatives.
- Minimum 12 years of experience in the digital space, with recent experience in the social/influencer marketing
- Must have experience running multiple teams consisting of various disciplines
- Needs to be highly competent in brand and franchise marketing and development
- Highly educated about the functionality of all applicable social media platforms
- Senior leadership experience in a highly matrixed global media organization is a must.
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.