Already applied?View Dashboard
VP, Finance & Business Planning - FreeformApply Now Apply Later Job ID 658205BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Apr. 08, 2019
Job Summary:At Walt Disney Television (WDT), you’ll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and new ways for us to connect with the world. You will work alongside the best, chart your own career course and help create the next generation of media and entertainment. It’s an exciting time as we work across multiple platforms all while changing the face of media. And, you could be a part of the next evolution.
The VP, Finance & Business Planning is a dual report into the SVP, Finance & Business Planning and the President, Freeform, WDT’s cable and digital network for young adult audiences (original series include Grown-ish, Siren, Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger, and The Bold Type). The role will work closely with the senior leadership of Freeform providing support for the necessary financial and business strategy components required for the division to effectively manage its current business and grow. The VP will also be a member of the finance leadership team to coordinate efforts across the group to enhance performance at the company. The VP will partner with the President, Freeform and drive the long range planning process (LRP), annual operating plan process (AOP), and all business planning, forecasting and reporting efforts.
- A key member of the leadership team that supports creating an innovative culture where cutting edge ideas, expansion, growth and change are expected, recognized and rewarded
- A key member of the leadership team that ensures a long-term focus on building and maintaining cohesion and delivering on a shared WDT mission
- Building a strong and influential team that supports the finance and strategy of the business
- Developing and leveraging financial and business reporting systems to provide the division leadership with relevant and timely information to make informed business decisions
- Supporting a holistic look at revenue growth and optimization along with scenario planning to create the greatest number of options and strategies
- Proactively identifying financial opportunities and risks and providing risk mitigation strategies to achieve AOP targets
- Leveraging insights from various systems and cross-WDT business insights to help develop the right business strategies
- Managing all budgeting, forecasting and cost-benefit analysis, cash flow processes for the business unit
- Work closely with the SVP, Finance & Business Planning to evaluate and advise on the impact of business trends and results
- Gathering and providing data and leading analysis to assess business strengths and weaknesses, identify/evaluate opportunities and achieve short and long term strategic goals
- Monitoring industry trends and interpreting the potential implications for the business
- Work closely with senior Freeform and WDT management on enhancing, developing, and implementing policies and procedures to improve the overall organization and financial performance of the business unit
- Strong strategic mindset with the ability to see ahead to future possibilities and translate them into breakthrough strategies
- Ability to take a broad/global view when addressing issues without being constrained by existing norms or business models
- Expert communication that conveys a clear understanding of unique needs of different audiences
- Strong strategic leadership capability with a proven ability to collaborate, build consensus and navigate complex environments in service of meeting shared objectives
- Develops people to meet both career and organizational needs
- Strong leader and effective manager, who leads by example and will mentor a team to meet high profile and dynamic objectives
- Ability to use compelling arguments to influence and gain the support and commitment of others, especially in leading change efforts
- Experience working in broadcast or cable television
- Experience in some combination of business planning, strategy consulting or business development
- Demonstrated track record leading a dynamic, diverse and results driven team
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration
- MBA strongly preferred
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.