VP, Human ResourcesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 714298BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Oct. 25, 2019
The VP, HR also leads the continuous improvement of the HR Business Partner function in collaboration with other HR executives to build a world-class HR organization with strong employee engagement. As part of the HR executive team, this role requires an experienced perspective based on business and organizational transformation, active collaboration, agility, technical excellence, and the ability to successfully partner with and advise senior business leaders and functional HR leads.
Responsibilities:This role will be responsible for enterprise, cross-segment and line of business initiatives that involve complexity and require deep OD expertise, including the ability to consult, coach, and influence senior executives, lead complex business initiatives and collaboratively partner at all levels to:
- Identify and evaluate gaps between current and future performance to develop business focused solutions that sustainably improve enterprise-wide effectiveness.
- Develop strategies for optimizing people, processes, systems, and culture to accelerate business performance.
- Design and implement change strategies to enable business growth.
- Develop a high performing culture where team members can demonstrate their best abilities
- Identify and adopt the creation and utilization of relevant tools and best practices
- Identify risks and opportunities across client organizations through predictive modeling tools that capture organizational trends and future events
- Assess organizational performance, defining talent gaps and proposing solutions that support client business goals
- Facilitate the development of business strategies (i.e. vision, mission, value, objectives) to build organizational focus, efficiency, speed and business results
- Serve as a strategic business advisor to executive team on key organizational and management issues
- Develop and integrate D&I strategies into business plans to ensure an inclusive approach to employees, customers, consumers and partners
- Create and execute a lifecycle approach to talent management focused on forecasting, staffing, onboarding, development, performance management, succession planning, talent movement and retention to fuel business growth
- Lead organization design to streamline and implement new structures, roles and/or processes that create speed and efficiency and support rapidly shifting demands
- Develop and implement change management strategies to support critical evolution of the business and achieve desired sustainable results
- Coach business leaders on employee communication, development and performance management strategies and tactics to promote engagement and a culture of continuous development
- Lead and develop a successful team, that is positioned as proactive,and trusted thought partners through building relationships and delivering results
- Ensure the ongoing development of HR staff capabilities and talent management
- Ensure teams can deliver core services
- Proactively integrate HR functional partners into client strategies and projects, providing critical coaching and context to enable partners to make effective contributions
- Maintain relationships with Enterprise partners to share and leverage best practices
- Effectively partner with Centers of Excellence, aligning priorities and leveraging resources
- Create networks, including HRBPs and functional partners to collaborate on the execution of priorities
- 15 + Years of HR generalist or related experience, ideally as a senior HR executive for a multi-functional, multi-line-of-business organization
- 8 + Years in leading and developing staff professionals
- Proven ability to proactively translate changing business objectives to effective HR strategies
- Relevant experience driving complex org design, talent and change strategies to effectively align the organization and talent to deliver on new business objectives
- Demonstrated ability to independently develop, drive and contribute to overall strategy and business plans in a rapidly developing/changing environment
- Strong knowledge and experience with HR Business Partner (generalist), Talent Acquisition/Planning, Learning and Development, Employee Relations, Organizational Development, Change Management, and Diversity & Inclusion functions
- Exceptional client relationship management skills and demonstrated experience in developing consultative relationships with top executive leaders, including the ability to influence decision makers to think strategically and critically
- Demonstrated ability to develop, monitor and respond to HR and company metrics
- Broad business and financial understanding and the ability to apply to human capital implications
- Ability to think strategically, synthesize complex business/financial data and develop innovative and holistic HR solutions
- Proven experience building an effective, relevant HR consulting group to deliver integrated business solutions to clients
- Models excellent judgment and demonstrates the courage to take smart risks that improve business performance
- Team player who quickly builds trust and collaborative working relationships with business leaders and partners
- Demonstrated ability to proactively embrace and drive positive, transformational change
- Knowledge of employment and labor law required
At Disney, we want leaders who lead so that people chose to follow.
- Captivate the Audience – Tell compelling stories. Disney leaders are authentic and connect with people through the power of story. They think globally with relentless customer focus. They maintain a clear vision for success in order to lead strategically and begin with the end in mind.
- Inspire Optimism – Motivate, develop and collaborate. Disney leaders consistently reinforce why success is possible. They build effective teams with strong relationships, maintain humility, invest in top talent and show appreciation. They demonstrate confidence, act decisively, expect excellence and drive results to realize shared success.
- Innovate with Courage – Invent our future, respect our past. Disney leaders set a tone of accountability while taking informed risks and using failures to learn. They are curious and inspire creativity. They identify disruptors, drive necessary change and seek to do the impossible while respecting Disney’s rich history, so that it’s iconic and newly created brands realize new heights.
- Act with Integrity and Inclusion – Do the right thing. Disney leaders are truthful, trustworthy, and reliable. They make a point to publicly appreciate differences and go out of their way to help others belong. Maintaining a respectful candor at all times, they proactively involve multiple perspectives when making critical decisions, act with sound judgment and treat everyone fairly to ensure Disney standards are upheld.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s Degree with emphasis Human Resource Management, Organization Development or Business preferred
- PHR or SPHR certification is a plus
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.