VP, Human ResourcesApply NowApply Later Job ID 771651BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Jan. 28, 2021
Drive creative and business results by actively engaging in the development and execution of business and production strategies, while also integrating HR strategies
Develop a culture where employees actively participate in shaping the creative and business success of the Studio to ensure WDAS continues to be an innovative and vibrant place to work
- Serves as a strategic business advisor to the President and executive team on key organizational and management issues
- Acts as a key voice with creative, production and executive leadership on Studio culture to help align values and leader/employee behaviors
- Ensures the executive team is aligned to shared values and guiding principles that drive towards a healthy creative environment
- Oversees the functions of organization and leadership development, recruitment, talent solutions, compensation, and employee relations for WDAS
- Ensures WDAS’s compliance with all legal, union and business requirements related to the above functions
- Partners with Studio Diversity & Inclusion team as well as Animation D&I partners to build, drive and promote inclusive talent strategies
- Facilitates the development of business strategies that build organizational focus, create efficiency and engagement, and drive creative and business results.
- Creates and executes a lifecycle approach to talent management that includes defining org and talent gaps and HR solutions, forecasting, staffing, on-boarding, development, performance management, career / succession planning, talent mobility and retention with diversity and inclusion woven throughout
- Leads organization design activities to streamline and implement new structures, roles, and/or processes that create efficiency and engagement aligned to shifting business demands
- Coaches business leaders on employee communication, development and performance management strategies, and tactics that promote engagement and reinforce studio goals and values
- Partners with The Walt Disney Studios Talent Solutions team to ensure an integrated approach to outreach, acquisition, development and retention that reflects WDAS’ global audiences
- Develops and leverages strong partnerships with the Disney Human Resources, Communications, and Finance teams to deliver integrated solutions that are also aligned with Company initiatives
- Advises senior management on opportunities and ways to strengthen employee engagement
- Acts as a role model for collaboration, smart risk-taking and balancing Studio and Disney priorities
- Creates a strong sense of shared purpose and provides on-going development to position the team as trusted, credible business experts and to support a collaborative and meaningful interaction with partners
- Utilizes effective leadership practices to attract, develop and retain required talent at all levels
- Holds leaders and direct reports accountable for providing regular feedback, coaching and development for their teams, and encouraging employees to share and experiment with new ideas
- 15+ Years of HR generalist or related experience, ideally as a senior HR executive for a creative organization
- 8+ Years in leading and developing HR professionals
- Demonstrated ability to effectively build creative strategies that drive engagement and motivation in a creative and production culture
- Demonstrated ability to independently develop, drive, and contribute to overall strategic and business plans in a rapidly developing, changing, and creative environment
- Proven ability to proactively translate changing business objectives to effective HR strategies
- Demonstrated ability to proactively embrace and drive positive, transformational change
- Relevant experience driving complex org design and talent/change strategies that effectively align the organization and talent to deliver on new business and creative objectives
- Team player that quickly builds trust and collaborative working relationships with business leaders, partners, and employees
- Proven experience leading an effective, relevant HR team that delivers integrated business solutions, ideally in a creative environment
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated experience with HR Business Partner (generalist), Talent Acquisition/Planning, Learning and Development, Employee Relations, Organizational Development, Change Management, and Diversity & Inclusion functions
- Knowledge of employment and labor law required
- Creative background in film, arts, and/or technology preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s Degree with emphasis in Human Resource Management, Organization Development or Business preferred
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019’s Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.