Already applied?View Dashboard
VP, International MarketingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 596096BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Sep. 20, 2018
Job Summary:It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
In this critically important senior leadership role, you’ll be part of the dynamic Walt Disney Studios’ Theatrical Marketing team, bringing to life the strategic vision for each film released outside North America across all of our film brands—Disney Live Action, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Studios. This executive will need to have strong creative experience and great relationship-building skills, balanced with the pragmatism and cultural sensibility needed to make film marketing campaigns work in a myriad of territories around the globe.
- Develop international creative materials for film campaigns across all brands (Disney Live Action, Lucasfilm, Marvel Studios, Disney Animation and Pixar Studios), as well as film titles acquired for international-only release.
- Work with local markets and regional offices to service their creative needs and exhibit an understanding of local market strategies and tactics throughout the lifecycle of each campaign.
- Develop and implement marketing campaign milestones across markets using a deep understanding of the competitive landscape, market needs, and local film campaign initiatives.
- Build a deep understanding of domestic campaign strategies and plans in order to translate that understanding into communications and proposals that assist each territory’s marketing team to build world-class film campaigns.
- Implement strategic planning of all key timelines and communication schedules to Int'l markets, internal teams and filmmakers.
- Present International creative campaigns to internal stakeholders and filmmakers.
- Lead international marketing’s team of creative disciplines (e.g., Creative Advertising, Creative Print) to ensure impeccable creative output, on budget and on timeline.
- Work closely with the global digital and PR marketing team to insure campaign cohesion and advise on International priorities.
- Develop research planning and development for overall campaign positioning and ongoing creative refinement.
- Monitor and select appropriate creative agencies with the capabilities to represent the sensibility of each project.
- Travel to International markets to conduct studies, lead strategic and creative meetings, pitch films, and help drive overall campaign and business objectives.
- Oversee International marketing creative budgets.
- Supervise a team to finish and distribute of all marketing material for International.
- Identify and leverage opportunities for global synergy, serving as the connective tissue to bring best-in-class ideas to both the domestic and international marketing teams.
- 10+ years of marketing experience
- Extensive direct knowledge of the creative elements required for theatrical film releases
- Fluency in marketing research, insights and analytics; marketing budget management,
- Flexible and adaptable social skills to navigate relationships with filmmakers, talent, studio executives and your team
- Willingness to engage with partners in time-zones around the globe
- Ability to travel internationally frequently
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.