VP, International Music Business AffairsApply NowApply Later Job ID 814830BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Jul. 14, 2021
- Negotiating and drafting agreements for creative and production personnel in international markets involved in the creation and production of original score, songs and/or recordings to be created for television, new media, consumer products/games productions (including composer agreements, songwriter agreements, producer agreements, music supervisor agreements and other acquisition agreements)
- Negotiating and drafting music collecting rights society agreements for various lines of business.
- Responding in a timely manner to music issues that arise during each deal (such as on-camera issues, fair use issues, clearance issues, pre-records, record company and publishing waivers, budget issues, union and guild issues and immigration issues)
- Negotiating and drafting unique music partnership agreements, such as bundling and partner deals for Disney’s streaming services.
- Advising on rights and uses of musical content in productions across various lines of business, marketing and promotions, publicity, and other ancillary uses.
- Working closely with international in-house lawyers to advise on commercial deal points, draft, review and supervise the drafting of all types of music production, licensing and distribution agreements to ensure all required rights are secured, and to assist in the review of music licenses as necessary.
- Advising on copyright and intellectual property issues involving music and negotiating with copyright owners on various music issues.
- Knowledge of and experience with music publishers, record labels, collecting rights societies.
- Advising and counseling other business units with respect to the music-related portions of agreements involving talent and exploitation of productions and negotiating and drafting the music provisions for such agreements (which may include co-production agreements, production acquisition and licensing agreements, digital distribution agreements)
- Reviewing and developing boilerplate agreements for international departments dealing with TV and streaming services productions, tailoring each to different countries’ needs.
- Expert understanding of business and legal concepts concerning music in connection with various lines of business, and the ability to proactively and efficiently manage multiple projects and business partners at the same time.
- Strategic understanding of music distribution issues from a production and distributor perspective
- International music business affairs experience.
- Demonstrated production or related experience as relates to music issues.
- Extensive negotiating and drafting experience in the entertainment field.
- Ability to work independently and reliably in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines.
- In good standing with the American Bar Associatio
- Prior music related international production/distribution/collecting rights society related experience strongly preferred.VP, International Music Business Affairs
- Established relationships with record companies, music publishers, managers, and agents.
- In good standing with the California State Bar
Required EducationJD required
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.