VP, Media InvestmentApply NowApply Later Job ID 774648BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Feb. 22, 2021
On behalf of the DMED streaming divisions, the theatrical studio team, and all Disney broadcast and cable networks, it is the investment team’s responsibility to increase media efficiency and grow revenue via deeper media vendor partnerships, advanced analytics, internal synergy analysis, and sharing of data and cross-divisional communication on marketing effectiveness. Media Investment will work directly with media vendors and in conjunction with agencies, research, and internal marketing teams, to ensure business growth and financial benefit for The Walt Disney Company.
The VP Media Investment will play a significant leadership role in our new media investment organization. This includes, but is not limited to: 1) leading all DMED digital investment, and strategic vendor relationships to ensure maximum efficiencies and overall value. 2) Being the investment lead for all streaming services (and other divisions) to ensure plans garner maximum benefit from their marketing dollars.
- Work in conjunction with media agencies on all digital negotiations. Actively engage media partners as the client investment lead. Expand work beyond current upfronts to the extended digital footprint
- Serve as an integrated partner to Streaming team leadership to ensure maximum efficiency and value as well as senior-level engagement for all HULU, Disney+, and ESPN+ buying
- Seek, create and recommend new investment strategies/partners that garner greater value for the current division
- Collaborate closely with traditional media upfront lead on all multiplatform deals and integrated analysis. Together ensure a holistic view of media opportunities and value
- Assist multiplatform lead in the development of plans that grow internal investment at an equivalent or increased ROI for marketers
- Provide support and guidance to DMED managers under VP’s working team. Provide leadership in both digital negotiations and how to expand the benefit to their current LOBs.
- Work closely with analytics to share and establish marketing/media best practices across all divisions. Play a key role in assisting streaming and non-streaming teams in advancing their DR-based investment opportunities for increased value
- Takes lead in cross-division initiatives such as the establishment of a common data platform, common marketing technology platforms, and vendors. Assist in developing cross-DMED data exchanges with vendors. Work to ensure efficiencies where possible
- Collaborate with Analytics to lead Disney+/HULU/ESPN+ Synergy analyses for optimization of both support received and provided across DMED and TWDC. Work to achieve maximum synergy value for streaming platforms
- 15+ years of experience in digital media planning & Investment experience
- Experience managing teams and individuals in multiple locations
- Experience across all aspects of digital media from direct publishers, social media, and programmatic
- Data-driven, performance media experience is required
- Deep understanding of digital media technology, martech, marketing analytics
- Strong verbal presenter, agile crisis manager, outcome-based marketer, innovative, inventive, and evidence-based storyteller, and skilled written communicator
- Works effectively in a fast-paced, energetic team environment
- Willingness to travel
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.