VP, Operations and Service Delivery
Burbank, California, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 772311BR Location Burbank, California, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 26, 2021
Job Summary:The VP, Enterprise Technology Operations and Service Delivery is accountable for defining, implementing, and supporting an effective and efficient operation, support and service delivery model for TWDC through an in-sourced and outsourced delivery model. This position oversees enterprise availability and is accountable for establishing management level relationships and partnering with all Segments / Business Units, other Enterprise Technology teams, and outsourcing vendors and external suppliers to define enterprise operations, support and service delivery, meet service level requirements and resolve service delivery issues across TWDC. This key leadership position is accountable to ensure overall performance against vendor contractual service level targets, key operational metrics and client satisfaction that will be measured and reported internally and benchmarked against industry standards. This position will leverage standardized methods and tools, and is accountable to implement continuous improvement programs to improve services, service levels, and cost-effectiveness over time.
The Enterprise Technology Operations and Service Delivery organization is accountable for proactively identifying appropriate sourcing opportunities for enterprise Client Services, Computing and Network services to meet business requirements, to reduce cost, and leverage technical expertise and buying power of an outsourcing or external supplier as appropriate. This key leadership position is accountable for managing the transition to any potential outsourcing supplier(s), or supplier changes, as part of the overall service delivery. In addition, this key leadership position is accountable for monitoring and determining industry trends and best practices when creating and evangelizing the adoption of advanced technologies and establishing technology and methodology standards.
The VP, Enterprise Technology Operations and Service Delivery will work closely with the, VP Infrastructure Engineering and Design, and VP, Workforce Enablement, to ensure the right mix of current, stable and emerging end-user computing, hosting (platform, server, storage and backup) and telecommunications technologies are in place to meet business needs.
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to: end-user computing service delivery, hosting services, enterprise availability, telecommunications and data center facilities operations, and service delivery including security/privacy, risk management and disaster and crisis management.
- Establishes management level relationships and partnering with all Segment / Business Units and other Enterprise Technology teams to define IT enterprise end-user computing, hosting, telecommunications and data center facility services, meet service level requirements and resolve service delivery issues across TWDC.
- Oversees enterprise support availability and incident, problem, crisis, and event management
- Accountable for managing the transition to any potential outsourcing supplier(s) from current suppliers as part of the overall service delivery transformation.
- Develops overall strategy, vision, and goals for TWDC Enterprise Infrastructure Services IT
- Operations and Service Delivery by identifying solutions and associated capacity planning to ensure alignment with Segment/BU and IT goals.
- Actively engages with VP of Enterprise Infrastructure in the creation of long-term and annual IT budgets/spending targets for TWDC Enterprise Technology Operations and Service Delivery.
- Accountable for delivering enterprise telecommunications and computing technical support and delivery services to meet defined service levels that are benchmarked against industry standards and metrics.
- Establishes a flexible service delivery model with defined, documented, and communicated service levels and works with the IT Controllership to develop transparent pricing models that are flexible enough to meet ongoing business requirements.
- Monitors division/unit usage/demand of services provided by either the internal organization or outsources partners to ensure that shared services actual expenditures are in line with planned spending.
- Accountable for ensuring usage / demand of enterprise IT Operations & Service Delivery actual versus planned expenditures are monitored.
- Defines requirements, strategy, solutions, and standards for IT Operations and Service Delivery to meet business needs and adhere with enterprise architecture and security standards.
- Approves and oversees projects to implement and maintain services.
- Partners on all aspects of the technology lifecycle including requirements, product and services management, planning, procurement, installation, support and retirement in conjunction with, VP
- Infrastructure Engineering, and Design and VP, Workforce Enablement. Ensures key technology management processes are effectively managed including change management, planning, governance, and architecture.
- Supports the development of and compliance with Disney’s enterprise architecture, engineering, and design.
- Provides resource management and allocation, tactical and strategic planning activities, operational budget development and execution, and effective cost management of IT Operations and Service Delivery.
- Establishes, motivates and leads a high-performance operations and service delivery teams; attracts, recruits, and retains key members of the organization
- Provides mentoring as a cornerstone of career development for all key direct reports
- Facilitates an IT Operations organization and culture that creates defined career paths and advancement opportunities throughout the global IT organization
Basic Qualifications:Important Prior Experience
- 15 years in technology organizations with 10+ Years of success leading all elements of an Enterprise Operations and Services organization
- Successful track record of driving execution and delivering technology solutions for a large scale, complex corporation (large is defined here as international organization with greater than $10 billion in earnings)
- Experience managing and overseeing externally provided/outsourced IT Effectively manage a large scale enterprise hosting, telecommunications and computer networks organization
- Experience managing all aspects of the technology life-cycle: strategy, requirements definition, solutions design, planning, procurement, installation, operation and maintenance
- Experience in managing a Fortune 500 IT service delivery organization with multiple lines of business, and multiple geographic/global locations
- Effectiveness and efficiency of providing End User Services
- Achievement of agreed on service levels and performance metrics
- Customer satisfaction ratings
- Delivery of infrastructure refresh and asset management projects within established time frames and within budgeted spend
- Continuous improvement in end user service cost efficiency
- Reduction in per unit costs for existing services
- Competitive cost structure relative to external benchmarks
- Transition measurements
- Transition of end user services to external suppliers as appropriate within agreed upon time frame
- Management of external supplier delivery of services
- Effectiveness of the Technology Relationship Management function
- Segment / Unit CIO satisfaction ratings
- EIS leadership satisfaction ratings
- Employee engagement surveys, performance management, career development plans and retention metrics
- BS in computer science or similar and appropriate work experience
- Masters in Computer Science or similar preferred
- IT/IS management experience in entertainment/media/consumer goods companies preferred
- Comprehensive experience in all areas of IT architecture, service delivery and security
- Licenses/certifications: ITIL v3
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.