VP, Production – DCOMApply NowApply Later Job ID 789283BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Apr. 30, 2021
- Reports to and seeks direct feedback from the EVP of Production.
- Supports and elevates the creative goals by making appropriate production, financial and logistical recommendations.
- Finds solutions to budgetary challenges while always maintaining the creative integrity of the project and strong brand identity of the business. Research production locations and tax incentive options to best leverage creative needs.
- Able to communicate effectively with Producers, Directors, creative contributors and agents in the execution of their duties as the Company’s representative. Research and identify key creative personnel to staff on projects.
- Able to manage multiple high profile projects with many synergy elements simultaneously.
- Supervise all aspects of production beginning with drafting production plans and schedules, creating initial budgets prior to producer selection, through project production and post-production. Vets and notes final budgets/schedules to recommend for approvals.
- Draft and publish series planning documents, such as development and production/post schedules and countdowns, to keep all partners on track and informed of project pickup and launch deadlines. Proactively communicate any potential schedule challenges and offer workable solutions.
- Identifies and oversees the selection of line producers who will execute the creative vision while maintaining budgetary parameters in collaboration with Directors, Producers and Network.
- Provide guidance and structure for line producers and production staff to ensure all contracts, deal memos, permits, releases, labor laws, I-9, Harassment, Conflict of Interest, Minors Law, etc. are adhered to per Company requirements.
- Familiarity with guild and union agreements, including the complexities and details of each, as well as awareness of each production’s needs to be as strategic as possible.
- Reviews production related documents on a daily basis (Production Reports, Hot Costs, Cost Reports, etc.) and provides timely analysis on production trends.
- Lead and manage Production Team that includes post production executives, production executives to enhance their project contributions and develop their skillsets/leadership development.
- Understands New Emerging Digital Production technologies and pro-active style to seek out and evaluate new cameras and workflows.
- Significant experience managing the physical production of scripted projects either as a Producer/UPM/Production Supervisor or as a network/studio Production Executive.
- Experience with, relevant union and guild rules, policies and procedures.
- Ability to manage complex production budgets in a cost effective manner. Ideally, experience with mid-budget feature films centered in fantasy creative worlds with extensive visual effects.
- Ability to physically produce programs on limited budgets without sacrificing quality or production values.
- Hands-on experience working at or with a major studio or network.
- Experience in domestic and international locations with producer and crew contacts.
- A team-oriented collaborative management style and a demonstrated ability to work with multiple constituents to get the job done.
- Musical and indie movie experience preferred.
- Interest in Children’s Programming a MUST.
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.