VP, Publicity AwardsApply NowApply Later Job ID 889515BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Nov. 18, 2021
As a VP, Publicity Awards, you will establish and execute year-round awards / guild strategy for Walt Disney Studios (Disney Live Action, 20th, Marvel, Lucas, WDAS and Pixar) Awards and EMMY campaigns for select Disney+ titles. The role reports into the Executive Vice President, Global Publicity.
- Develop and execute awards campaign strategy for Walt Disney Studios (Disney Live Action, 20th, Marvel, Lucas, WDAS and Pixar) including EMMY campaigns for select Disney+ titles. This includes management of consultants, strategy, FYC mailings and events, and outreach to all awards organizations.
- Work with PR Team and Consultants to ensure press campaign strategy aligns with award campaign strategy.
- Liaison with leaders at TV & Film Academy, guilds and other awards organizations.
- Handle all required AMPAS and guild submissions for awards.
- Plan AMPAS and guild screening programs and Q&A opportunities – streaming or live.
- Serve as studio liaison with the following groups for all awards-related business including, but not limited to: ANNIES, AMPAS, AFI, BAFTA, BFCA, DGA, HFPA, NAACP, PGA, Publicists Guild, SAG and WGA
- Liaison with Disney executives/management (which includes Pixar, Marvel, WDAS, Lucas, 20th Century, Disney+) and outside consultants to keep them updated on key awards season details and dates
- Oversee and manage annual awards budget.
- Maintain current budgets/spends for consultants/third party vendors, ad purchases (trade, TV digital), creative costs and screenings to ensure budgets are adhered to and that regular updates are provided to Michelle Sewell, finance, etc.
- Facilitate talent participation in award ceremonies and industry events, working directly with the PR Title Team assigned to specific campaigns.
- Establish aesthetic, branding and awareness goals for FYC campaigns through collaboration with marketing executives and filmmakers.
- Oversee budget and creative execution for all online awards ads across all titles and collaborate with Disney Media and Digital Teams to curate media plans for all awards campaigns.
- Create strategy for print/trade ad media buy and work with outlet sales reps to confirm ad buys. In tandem with Disney’s media team and agency OMG, recommend ad buy strategy/timing for digital, radio and outdoor media. Consult on ad designs.
- As part of the BTL campaign outreach, collaborate with BTL artists and PR Team to ensure representative clips, reels and unit photography for award submission and promotion are delivered in a timely manner.
- Work with Consultants and Team Writer to ensure materials (loglines, synopses) are aligned to award submission and promotion.
- Research and archive award statistics and supplemental materials, including competitive assessment.
- Manage awards staff, external consultants and agencies and lead weekly team meetings.
- Create agendas for the weekly animation and live action awards campaign meetings.
- Create awards campaign overall presentations/decks for filmmaker and executive sign-off.
- Regularly update awards season calendars/timelines for the various films and circulate to appropriate team members on a weekly basis.
- Primary contact for Technicolor/tech services.
- Coordinate tables and ticketing for all award-related ceremonies.
- Oversee planning and execution for select film/talent tastemaker screenings/receptions.
- Manage content population and screening outreach to guilds with DEBUT studio operations team, including platform for assets, access and code management.
- 10+ years of awards experience and knowledge of public relations.
- Ability to be creative, strategic and inventive as well as extremely detail oriented, deadline driven with an ability to multitask.
- Strong awards industry relationships with extensive media and key industry contacts
- Skill in advertising campaigns, event planning, talent relations and writing/editing.
- Proven leader, decision-maker and problem solver.
- Strong management skills required with experience supervising staff, ability to delegate work and communicate clearly and provide guidance to employees.
- Results-driven, strategic and analytical problem solver.
- Experience running a detailed budget across awards initiatives.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.