Walt Disney Animation Studios CG Generalist - Environment Intern Summer 2024Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10065903 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Oct. 20, 2023
The Internship Program
Have you wondered how your skills and talents could translate into the world of animation? Our Internship Program dives into the craft, technology, and operations behind our animated films while developing your skills and connecting you to industry mentors. You'll learn what it means to be a part of a collaborative team and how your outstanding talents can grow within our studio. Find yourself immersed in hands-on projects and learning guided by our artists, technologists, and production leaders.
Am I Eligible?
- 18 years or older
- Enrolled in a post-high school educational program (Community College, College, University, Trade, Online School, or equivalent) and returning back to the program for at least one semester post internship.
- Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are May-August 2024. Interns must be fully available for the duration of a 12-week assignment.
- The Intern Program is based in our Burbank, California studios and will start in May 2024.
For our 2024 programs, we are committed to providing mentorship and development. Walt Disney Animation Studios’ production internship program provides emerging talent with an immersive view of Animation through educational seminars on craft and filmmaking, and individual and collective projects.
The CG Environment Internship
Location: Burbank, CA
As a CG Environment artist intern, you will be exposed to various departments within our environment pipeline. Within your internship program, you will be offered individualized mentorship as you explore the following disciplines:
- Layout - CG camera blocking for storytelling purposes
- Modeling - Greyscales and wireframes of natural terrain, architecture, vehicle or prop models
- CG Texturing/Surfacing - natural elements, foliage, sand, trees
- Effects - Natural elements such as fog, smoke, water, rain
- Crowds - Crafting breadth and scope of environments by creating variations of movement, props, characters
- Set Extension - Stylistically extend a fully-build digital environment, crafting backgrounds, landscapes, and environments
- Lighting - manipulate color and light to emphasize shifts of mood both subtle and dynamic in a scene
- Curiosity about CG Character Departments such as Layout, Modeling, CG Texturing/Surfacing, Effects, Crowds, Set Extension, or Lighting.
- Working knowledge/understanding of CG software such as Maya, ZBrush, Houdini, StudioPaint, Painter, Renderman, or Photoshop
- Strong eye for visual appeal
- Background in art, animation, or filmmaking a plus
- Scripting (MEL, Python, C++) a plus
- Familiar with Linux systems a plus
To apply, you must upload a resume including your school and anticipated graduation date and the below:
- Please submit a website, portfolio, or reel (max length 2 min) to demonstrate your interest and experience in the listed disciplines
- Include shot breakdown on your reel if applicable
Deadline for applications is on January 14, 2024 at 11:59 PM PST.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The pay rate for this role in Burbank is $21.70 per hour. Select benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, such as medical, financial, and/or other benefits. To learn more about our benefits visit: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Disney Animation continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to our 62nd animated feature, Wish, releasing November 2023. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6, Zootopia, and Encanto.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.