Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Walt Disney Archives Collections Graduate Internship - Summer 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 738895BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 17, 2020
Responsibilities:A Day in the Life…
Working under the supervision of the Sr. Manager, the role of the intern is to:
- Inventory and catalog entertainment assets stored in on and off-Lot locations.
- Track and maintain storage location information.
- Assistance when required with special projects related to any and all Archives functions.
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role...
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, FileMaker Pro and Adobe Photoshop.
- Ability to lift and carry 40 lbs, climb ladders, pack and unpack boxes and crates.
- Basic understanding of film and TV production.
- Passion for historical materials and archival process.
- Masters of Library and Information Studies preferred
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- All students must possess unrestricted work authorization
- All students must be at least 18 years old
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
- All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
- All candidates must be available from May/June – August/September
- All candidates must be willing to work up to 40 hours/week
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.