Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Web & Digital Design Intern, Disney Animation Summer 2022Apply NowApply Later Job ID 889617BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Nov. 21, 2021
As part of the Communication Design & Branding team, you’ll develop creative solutions to visually tell the stories of who we are, what we do, and how we create it all. Projects may include branding/identity, presentations, visualizations, social media creative, web, motion graphics, video/media, environmental/spatial, print collateral, merchandise, and more, for internal and external-facing executions. You’ll build relationships with teams throughout the studio, and collaborate with them to understand and visually convey their work.
Responsibilities:The intern will work closely with our design, production, technology, and studio teams to:
- Design web layouts, navigation, and associated graphics
- Develop design strategies for Walt Disney Animation Studios internal and external web efforts
- Develop innovative design campaigns for a variety of deliverables
- Experiment with new formats, design directions, and ideas
- Design and code HTML emails and web pages
- Understand and interpret animation pipeline and production deliverables and create a multitude of presentations featuring multimedia, graphs, images, and presentation videos
- Handle sensitive information in a professional and confidential manner
- Experience with HTML and responsive design
- Demonstrated experience using design tools such as Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of the web landscape from a designer’s eye, including a basic knowledge of web sites, e-newsletters, and social media
- Sophisticated sense of typography, composition and color
- Ability to meet prioritize deadlines and multi-task
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and strong work ethic
- Passion for the art of filmmaking and the innovation of technology in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Experience translating business information into innovative charts, graphs, and infographics
- Photography skills
Preferred EducationUndergraduate student majoring in Animation, Design or related
- At least 18 years of age
- Unrestricted work authorization
- Available full time for 12 weeks from May/June through August/September
- Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located in Burbank, CA.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program, or recently graduated within six months at time of application
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019’s Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time, to our 60th animated feature, Encanto, releasing November 2021. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.