Web App Engineer
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 774184BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Feb. 23, 2021
Job Summary:Movies Anywhere is the next generation of in-home entertainment, providing an unparalleled digital entertainment experience. Leveraging cutting edge technology, unique partnerships, and a talented team, Movies Anywhere is an exclusive, cross-platform, cloud-based movie service that enables consumers to seamlessly discover, grow, access, and enjoy their personal digital movie collection across a variety of studios, retailers, and platforms all in one convenient app and/or website.
Anywhere seeks a Web App Engineer to join a team of seasoned, dedicated technologists solving a range of interesting problems in innovative ways in an exciting and dynamic industry. We are looking for a self-starting engineer who wants to shape the next generation of video consumption applications. We are a team that values passion, community involvement, and code that stands out. If you are interested, we’d love to hear from you.
Responsibilities:The Web App Engineer will be working in a team of multi-disciplined engineers on creating the next generation video consumption platforms. We expect you to be up to date on the happenings in the web development space and passionate about what you do. You will learn about and participate in overall system design, and help to come up with web-tailored solutions that emphasize re-use and good design patterns.
- Build high-quality software solutions across multiple platforms and with several engineering teams
- Collaborate with other software engineers and cross-functional teams
- Evangelize technologies, solutions, and best practices
- Contribute new ideas to a larger community of high-caliber professionals
- Balance resources, requirements, and complexity
- A passion for User Experience (UX) and building an engaging application
- Capable of leveraging basic Data structures and algorithms to solve problems (i.e. Knows basic CS fundamentals)
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge in:
- CSS (Box Model, Specificity, Flexbox, Grid)
- CSS Design Systems (BEM, OOCSS)
- State Management (Flux, Redux)
- Node.js and NPM
- Responsive design and SPA development
- Security and performance of web applications
- Cross-browser development
- Front end frameworks such as AngularJS or React
- Unit testing using Karma and Jasmine, or equivalent
- BS in Computer Science or related field with 2+ years of experience
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Movies Anywhere, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Movies Anywhere is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.