Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Workforce Insights Graduate Internship, Studios - Summer/Fall 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 543730BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand The Walt Disney Studios Date posted 04/07/2018
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Studios has an exciting opportunity within our Workforce Insights and Engagement team to contribute to a series of projects related to research, analytics, and employee engagement. The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical, project management, and organization and communication skills, as well as a passion for both learning new things and the function of Workforce Insights.
Working closely with our Studio HR team and TWDC People Insights Partners, the successful candidate will provide operational, coordination, and communications support for the following types of projects:
- Be a point of contact for Studio workforce reporting, which includes demographics, survey result reporting, etc.
- Serve as a point of contact for HR partners to train the use of and troubleshoot data dashboards
- Manage and manipulate Excel spreadsheets with large amounts of data
- Respond to requests for customized data reports
- Fill out forms for access to data tools for partners
- Partner with key HR departments to ensure people data classifications are accurate and up-to-date throughout systems
- Review organizational hierarchies with HR partners to ensure accuracy
- Organize and consolidate existing/archived data files
- Support Studio and Line-of-Business-specific needs for data collection, reporting and analysis assigned by the Manager
- Program survey questions into tools, track number of responses, and pull data from responses
- Build/fill-in reports, tables, and summaries with data numbers
- Create, coordinate and maintain project plans and timelines
- Organize and schedule focus groups and other research committee teams/meetings
Responsibilities:The ideal candidate will be…
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy
- Committed to maintaining confidentiality
- A proactive thinker with the ability to manage multiple tasks with anticipated / recurring timelines
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and ability to multi-task
- Able to approach problems with curiosity and offer creative solutions
- Able to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Professional and with excellent client service skills
- Highly organized
- Intermediate to advanced expertise with Microsoft Office; specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Excel formulas including IF statements, VLOOKUP, and Pivot tables
- Demonstrated skills in research, basic data analysis, and reporting
- Advanced degree in Human Resources, I/O Psychology, Organization Development, Analytics, or other applicable field
- Knowledge of HR tools, including SAP, Tableau, and Cognos
- Applied experience in Workforce Insights/HR/Organization Development
Required EducationEnrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program.
- Based in Burbank, CA
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.