Manager, Health & Safety (PH)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 762295BR Location Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Sep. 22, 2020
The Safety and Health Manager will ensure that COVID-19 requirements are implemented on-set in conjunction with the UPM and other department heads. Depending on the complexity of the project, more than one supervisor may be needed. The individual will receive training and technical guidance from a Production Safety Specialist. The Health and Safety Manager reports to Production Executives with dotted line to Risk Management.
- Lead COVID-19 health and safety planning in the workplace according to legal guidelines
- Determine requirements needed for each department to comply with guidelines
- Advice the production on best practices on health and safety related to COVID-19
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
- Ensure required health compliance training for all crew, talent, etc. is provided
- Order and distribute supplies (PPE, disinfectants, etc.)
- Enforce Studio policies and protocols on-set in conjunction with production management
- Manage staffing and supplies for cleaning and disinfecting including cleaning vendors
- Provide reports to production management regarding concerns, violations, and compliance
- Establish an on-set network of crew members to assist with implementation and monitoring of the program
- Work with all departments to ensure that staffing is in place to ensure key entry, egress and traffic flow areas are secure
- Review prep and shooting schedules to ensure required social distancing procedures (pods, teams, etc.) are in place
- Work closely with Set Medic
- Work with departments to implement social distancing protocols for office/work spaces
- Ensure employee screening protocols are in place
- Stay current on new developments in health and safety to improve quality and efficacy of production processes
- Experience working on set with feature or television production
- Ability to adapt to varying work environments, possesses a strong pro-active work ethic and quickly adapt to new responsibilities
- Lead and escalate issues to UPM and Safety
- Advise and guide UPM and production to implement changes necessary asap
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proven strong organizational skills including logistics, time management and scheduling
- Must be a people person who can manage with confidence, maintain policy/protocol with crew, and operate with authority when needed
- Must be comfortable speaking to groups and providing training
- Highly creative and driven to problem solve
- Have a willingness to travel and keep a flexible schedule (work on a production schedule)
TECHNICAL SKILLS DESIRED
- Basic knowledge of safety and health standards and regulations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Desire to continue development of technical skills and industry knowledge.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Canada Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.