Specialist - Marketing Strategy (Disney General Entertainment)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 787491BR Location California, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Apr. 28, 2021
- Assist and support the marketing strategy team by developing, maintaining and distributing a variety of documents that will aid the entire marketing and PR teams eg. CRM priorities lists, producer rollout documents and keynote presentations, tracking report responses, promotional priority reports, campaign agendas, first use documents etc.
- Keep up-to-date with screening/reading of assigned and high profile series to be able to contribute to internal conversations regarding the overall strategic objectives for each series
- Develop marketing strategies for a number of assigned shows by; creating marketing strategy briefs, conducting agency briefings, participating and leading various internal strategy meetings, and reviewing and providing feedback to help guide the formation of media plans for assigned shows
- Attend all relevant department meetings to learn and participate in cross-functional work streams
- Establish relationships with key stakeholders across the company to ensure cohesion across all marketing campaigns eg. creative, PR, synergy, partnerships, on-air strategy, programming etc.
- Work with partnership and synergy teams to secure promotional inventory
- Communicate with the creative teams all tent-pole or marketable moments/episodes that require specific content creation/attention and engage teams for the optimum rollout strategy
- Seek direct feedback from directors of strategy, media, social and creative on work related priorities and projects
- Become an expert on all assigned shows and share that knowledge with key team members to maximize marketing opportunities that will drive ratings
- Provide feedback and input on media plans for assigned shows to ensure they follow strategic objectives
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working at a broadcast/cable network, studio, streamer or media/entertainment company is preferred
- Proficient and highly competent with keynote as well as other basic office software like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office, Zoom, Slack, Google docs etc.
- A self-starter that uses initiative to get the job done with speed and accuracy
- Be able to juggle numerous tasks at once and be a competent problem solver
- Must have a passion for TV and popular culture
- Strong knowledge of the TV landscape
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of TV ratings and the ability to decipher data to turn into marketing strategies and opportunities to reach audiences
- Strong understanding of social media platforms and how to use them effectively to drive social conversation, engagement and ratings
- A good understanding of paid media and/or experience working with a media agency
- A team player that is highly motivated and will adhere to and uphold Disney values and principles
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, media or relevant field, or equivalent experience
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.