Sr Manager, Ad Tech Partnerships
--, CA - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 765271BR Location California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Sep. 02, 2020
Job Summary:The DTCI Ad Platforms Technology Partnerships Team is a critical function that ensures the DTCI ad platform business can develop the systems, tools, and products necessary to extend and accelerate Disney’s Advertising leadership position, drive transformation in the advertising industry, and monetize premium content across the entire Disney portfolio.
The team is responsible for identifying and developing strategic partnerships, advertising technology vendors and advertising ecosystem integrations that are necessary to develop and operate a market leading advertising technology platform at global scale
In this role you will be responsible for the strategic development of new and existing advertising technology partnerships and integrations, with a focus on driving value, growth and operational efficiency for the DTCI Advertising Technology Platform.
You will work closely with the VP of Global Advertising Technology Partnerships, Product Management, Platform Operations, Ads Engineering and Business Analyst teams to gather business requirements and develop a strategic plan and partner roadmap. You will own implementation of the plan, managing new and existing partner lifecycle from pitch-to-paper, then transitioning operational management to the Platform Operations team. You will then work closely with Product Management and Platform Operations to own the partner-by-partner roadmap, evaluate new partner opportunities, manager QBR’s and critical executive level partner escalations.
The scope of this role is broad, and encompasses partner relationships that touch all facets of the DTCI Ad Platforms linear and digital systems:
- Run-time Operational Relationships
- Order Management Systems, CRM, Forecasting and Third Party Tracking
- Ad Serving
- Third Party Programmatic Integrations
- DSP and SSP Partners
- Planning & Reporting, Buying & Reconciliation and Sales & Operations systems for National and Local advertising
- DMP, Attribution, Data & Measurement and Analytics
- Creative and Experiential vendors
Success in this role will be measured through maximization of partner productivity, profitability and value delivery across the partner portfolio based on specific business objectives and KPI’s
- Develop the DTCI Ad Platform strategic partnerships strategy for new and existing advertising technology partners, with a focus on accelerating growth and efficiency of the platform (includes technical, commercial and operational partner evaluation)
- Support commercial negotiations for key partners from inception to signature (includes creation and delivery to technical work flow documentation and integration requirements)
- Manage commercial oversight and partner management for key strategic partners, including roadmap alignment, regular strategy meetings and priority escalation and resolution. Establish and maintain both tactical and executive relationships within the respective partner organization across their Product, Technology, Engineering and Operations teams
- Work closely with Product, Engineering, Operations, Finance, Legal and other business functions to ensure that the business development strategy matches the vision and ambition of DTCI Ad Platforms overall business objectives
- Build and manage a team of technically-focused Strategic Partner Managers
- Energy, enthusiasm, and the ability to work quickly and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- 10+ years of partnerships, strategic development and / or partner management experience in the field of advertising
- Advertising ecosystem subject matter expertise, including strong technical understanding of the systems required to maintain and grow a modern advertising business
- Track record of managing data & measurement, automation and creative experience vendor relationships
- Technical understanding of integration design and implementation; comfortable creating high level schemas and work flow documentation
- Strong partner management skills with the ability to develop relationships, and strengthen existing partner relationships
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.