Disney Store Assistant Store ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 994506BR Location Camarillo, California, United States Business Disney Store Date posted Jun. 22, 2022
The Assistant Store Manager supports the General/Store Manager by participating in the day-to-day operations of the Store ensuring that the Guest, both internal and external, has "The Best Retail Experience in the World". This is done through consistent exceptional Guest Experience, development of the Cast and Store Leadership Team, maintenance of Store visual standards and compliance with established procedures. This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
- Support Disney Store Mission, "Creating Magical Moments for Guests of all Ages", through inspiring communication, integrity and passion for the Brand
- Be the Leader on Duty to coach and motivate Cast Members while upholding a culture that builds internal and external Guest Experiences. This is accomplished through in-Store entertainment, Guest Engagement and building an emotional connection to the brand
- Support and participate in projects that give back to the community to promote the Disney brand
- Work in collaboration with Team to use relationships opportunities throughout the company and businesses
- Consider impact of actions on individuals and team.
- Support the recruitment, retention and development of a diverse range of experienced people
- Strengthen others through feedback while driving productivity and morale of the team
- Support an environment that encourages creative thinking and supports risk taking
- Hold self and others accountable to standards while providing Guests with memorable experiences
- Partner in the development of strategy and helps to translate into specific priorities, goals and action plans
- Understand and lead appropriate metrics to assess performance –Sales Equations (sales and Indicators) and Controllable Expenses (shrink and payroll)
- Manage time, projects, processes and resources to produce desired outcomes
- Partner with Store Leadership Team to ensure Store is open and closed in compliance with company policy
- Uphold all company policies as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures, Employee Policy Manual and Code of Business Conduct
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels, in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrate ability to give basic direction and feedback to Cast Members and function in a collaborative team environment
- Experience creating a positive work environment
- Ability to listen to feedback and take constructive action
- Maintain a professional appearance, following Disney Store grooming guidelines
- Job may require lifting boxes that weigh up to 40 lbs. and climbing a ladder
- Must have open availability for a flexible work schedule that meets needs, including overnights, evenings, holidays and weekend shifts
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years' experience in specialty retail in a leadership role
- Comfortable storytelling in front of large groups of people
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- College Degree or equivalent
Additional Information:This role is based in Camarillo, CA
About Disney Store:
Disney store, which debuted in 1987, carries high-quality products, including exclusive product lines that support and promote Disney’s key entertainment initiatives and characters from Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel. shopDisney.com is the ecommerce destination for guests of all ages, offering a curated selection of the best product from Disney store, Disney Consumer Products licensees, global collections and collaborations, and Disney Parks and Resorts, including trend fashion and accessories, toys, home and collectibles. Disney store and shopDisney offer magical shopping experiences that can only be delivered by Disney, one of the world’s largest and most successful entertainment companies. There are currently more than 240 Disney store locations in North America; more than 40 Disney store locations in Japan; two locations in Shanghai, China including a flagship; and more than 70 Disney store locations in Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Store USA, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Store.
Disney Store USA, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.