Already applied?View Dashboard
Executive Director, Environment Design and Engineering - AsiaApply Now Apply Later Job ID 677532BR Location Causeway Bay, Eastern, Hong Kong SAR Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Jun. 12, 2019
The Environmental Design and Engineering (ED&E) studio is responsible for coordinating, planning and managing the Environmental Design and Engineering disciplines of Planning, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Interiors, Graphics, Themed Lighting, Facilities Engineering, Project Engineering and Design Management during the course of a project in partnership with the WDI studios including Creative & Show, Ride, Construction Management, and Project Management & Controls.
This role will lead the ED&E studio across Shanghai and Hong Kong. They are responsible for establishing and implementing growth strategies to ensure that the studio develops internal and external resources in Asia to meet the rapidly expanding needs of the Asia market. The position requires a strong leader that will establish a clear vision for the Asia team that aligns with the local WDI strategy as well as the Global ED&E strategy.
· Develop and implement vision and strategy to support ED&E Asia workload in collaboration with partners across Imagineering and Walt Disney Parks & Resorts.
· Identify strategies for talent development that respond to the international cultures and delivery models and ensure the successful execution of the unique Disney product.
· Drive the integration of environmental design through disciplined processes to implement fully-integrated and creative projects.
· Formulates strategies to attract and retain world class talent through long-range succession planning and development
· Ensures necessary internal and external consulting resources are secured in order to meet project timelines and deliverables
· Establish WDI ED&E Asia externally as an industry leading, creative practice through comprehensive marketing and community involvement activities
· Problem solve project budget, scope, schedule and resource challenges to remediate and create solutions that meet all stakeholder needs
· Provide executive leadership, management and review of all studio activities in support of the global ED&E studio.
· Provide strategic direction of all work efforts produced by the studio
· Partner with the senior WDI and Park leadership to define, manage and communicate results of all efforts undertaken by the studio
· Proactively guide the development of all ED&E talent thought guidance of the local functional leadership team
· Provide direction on the following overall design strategies, including continuing support for successful achievement of those strategies:
o Direct staff and consultants to whom design is outsourced for WDI projects world-wide
o Provide technical oversight of major project construction
o Maintain and ensure conformance to studio standards, procedures, and specifications
o Able to convey and instruct team members in the creation of authentic and immersive Disney experiences through WDI facility design and Architecture practice. Knowledge of life cycle cost and present worth analysis of facility architecture and design systems
· 15 years of experience in Architecture, Engineering or Construction or related fields
· A minimum of five years of leading leaders in the completion of projects, preferably at an international location
· Professional License credential
· This leader will report into the ED&E Studio Executive in the US. They will work independently, often with incomplete information, and will have primary accountability for decisions regarding ED&E Asia, while ensuring that their Studio leader is informed and in agreement. The position will also need to collaborate closely with Creative/Show, Ride, Project Management and Construction leadership in Asia.
· Responsible for tracking ED&E decision making, team interface and conformance with Studio messaging through all phases of design, production and field implementation
· Communicate, interact with and influence senior executive leadership on critical and sensitive technical decisions impacting projects worldwide
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Imagineering Asia Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.