Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Category Manager / Category ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 524972BR Location Causeway Bay, Eastern, Hong Kong SAR Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Date posted Mar. 09, 2018
- Lead in developing appropriate local market category plans & strategies consistent with Global and Regional goals and objectives.
- Drive Hong Kong licensing in multiple categories especially those with corporations that are best in the industry.
- Monitor each industry trends, rules, performance; retail channel market conditions; collection of market/consumer/retail trend and information analysis to determine Disney’s strategies and plans.
- Manage and execute pre and post-sales client support
- Commercial terms preparation and client background analysis
- Analyze consumer, product, property, and channel gaps and execute plans to fill gaps and grow business.
- Monitor and ensure licensees fully understand and are compliant with Disney’s business standards and regulations.
3. Develop and implement retail plans to grow business.
- Work closely with key retail account buyers to manage Disney’s product range and presence at retail.
- Implement retail marketing, promotions, and events to enhance brand image and consumer awareness.
- Collaborate with Design team to create & execute category plans and ongoing product quality improvements.
- Coordinate licensee’s product / artwork approvals with Product Development team.
- Manage Disney’s product range and presence at retail.
- Act as communication link between Disney and licensees.
- Identify signage and merchandising needs to Regional Creative lead.
- Prepare category budget forecast in the local market.
- Responsible for collection past due accounts receivable and monthly royalty statements.
- Responsible for the administration and execution of the contract.
- Coordinate with Marketing team on marketing to support sales promotion, retail marketing events and advertising in the local market.
- Ensure appropriate licensees implement the Disney visual merchandising programs.
5. Information Systems
- Maintain competency in DCP business systems
- Insight input (deal negotiation part)
- INvision II input (Forecasting)
- Experience of managing e-commerce business is preferred
- At least 12+ years working experience with at least 6-8 years’ experience in respective industry at merchandising, licensing, marketing and retail management of brands and products.
Other Personal Attributes
- Strong consumer product, market and industry knowledge and instinct to the market
Other requisites, languages
- Fluency in Cantonese and English. Mandarin is preferred but not a must
- Hands on experience on PC software applications (e.g. Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
Required Education- University graduate, preferably Marketing or Business Commerce
About Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Hong Kong) Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media.