Agile Specialist (Scrum Master)
Celebration, Florida, United States / Seattle, Washington, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 966134BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States / Seattle, Washington, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May. 03, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
Job Summary:Do you want to be a part of a team that creates magic for millions of guests across all of the Disney brands? Behind the scenes, the Enterprise Technology team helps deliver magical digital experiences leveraging the latest technology; and our teams provide expert engineering services building critical core platforms and systems to support the innovation and operation of The Walt Disney Company (TWDC).
The Enterprise Technology Agile Specialist facilitates the adoption of the Disney aligned Agile best practices across the delivery teams in the Enterprise Technology organization. This role drives efficiencies in Agile software delivery practices across multiple technology disciplines and non-technical Agile teams. An Agile specialist at Disney applies their practical, hands on expertise in Scrum and Kanban to enable delivery teams to achieve their business outcomes through the utilization or adoption of Agile business best practices and capabilities. Expertise in other Agile disciplines is encouraged and experience the PMBOK framework is also encouraged.
The Enterprise Technology Agile Specialist facilitates the adoption of the Disney aligned Agile best practices across the delivery teams in the Enterprise Technology organization. This role drives efficiencies in Agile software delivery practices across multiple technology disciplines and non-technical Agile teams. An Agile specialist at Disney applies their practical, hands on expertise in Scrum and Kanban to enable delivery teams to achieve their business outcomes through the utilization or adoption of Agile business best practices and capabilities. Expertise in other Agile disciplines is encouraged and experience with the PMBOK framework is also encouraged.
They will work closely with the Agile Practice Lead to train teams in Core Systems and Platforms and other Enterprise Technology teams on the adoption of Disney aligned Agile Best practices in Scrum and Kanban and other Agile principles to ensure the successful and reliable delivery of our portfolio commitments; on time, on budget and on function.
The ideal candidate should be a seasoned Agile Specialist (Scrum Master) or Agile practioner with a mix of software development life cycle practices, QA, Project Management and Stakeholder Management skills. This role will work with Agile teams (recommended not to exceed three teams), leveraging Disney defined Agile best practices to ensure delivery of their team’s commitments through their Agile journey. In addition to practical knowledge in applying Agile to achieve business outcomes, the role will emphasize soft skills, negotiation and persuasion, and a consultative mindset that will monitor the Agile implementation, and bring the appropriate combination of solutions, program management, and deliverable management to the stakeholders.
Responsibilities:Hybrid based out of one these locations: Orlando, FL, Burbank, CA or Seattle, WA
The Agile Specialist will educate employees from one to three teams, on Agile principles, providing them with tools for implementing the process in their own work. They leverage Disney aligned Agile training materials and best practice standards to teach valuable skills that lead toward the organization-wide adoption of Agile methodologies.
As a mentor, the Agile specialist is responsible for guiding one to three teams in developing maturity in the adoption of their self-selected Agile methodology, providing employees with feedback and means of improvement, catalyzing organizational growth and answering questions. They provide hands-on support all members of the team and the team’s directly stakeholders, collaborating with people across widely across cross functional development organizations, facilitating further understanding of their teams Agile practices to ensure successful outcomes of their delivery through the teams Agile best practices.
Develop Agile Adoption Strategy
The Agile Specialist will partner with the Agile Practice Lead to drive the adoption over the organization Agile strategy, providing inputs to ensure that the strategy supports the broader organizational constraints and needs of the teams while meeting the overall organizational Agile adoption objectives. The Agile specialist will work with their teams to continuously improve their Scrum or Kanban processes to achieve their identified team and organizational goals. They will work in partnership with the Agile coach or the Agile practice lead through every stage of adoption, from the introduction of Agile and employee education, to enabling a culture of collaboration that practice Agile, to sustaining Agile methodologies and continually contributing to the development of strategies for continuous improvement.
Implement Agile Methodology
The Agile Specialist will be responsible for implementing Agile process, principles and practices across for all teams that they support collaborating across peer teams within Enterprise Technology. The Agile specialist will work with an Agile coach or the Agile Practice Lead to implement Scrum or Kanban that is most relevant to the work of the team. The Agile Specialist will leverage techniques that increase collaboration, predictability, transparency while promoting a culture of experimentation and innovation.
- Development and Implementation of Agile Best practices
- Facilitate and optimize the adoption of Disney defined Agile best practices for one to three teams
- Consult with Agile coach/Agile practice lead to implement right-fit Agile approach for one to three teams
- Work with Agile coach/Agile practice lead to develop and deliver Agile training plan from Disney training library
- Work with Quality Engineering Lead to ensure minimum testing standards are met and integrated into the Agile practices for the Agile Specialists teams
- Performing ongoing assessments of Agile capabilities vs organizational gaps; provide input to Agile Practice Lead for ongoing continuous improvement to the Enterprise Agile Strategy
- Provide input to the Software Delivery Lifecycle Lead on adoption of SDLC best practices in the Agile team for ongoing strategy development
- Provide organizational reporting, aligned to Disney best practices
- Coordinate and partner with Technology Process & Performance Program Managers to ensure visibility of Agile team’s participation in Strategic project and Programs
- Articulate team risk areas and key accomplishments on an ongoing basis (at least quarterly)
- Stakeholder, Partner, and Customer Relations
- Participate in activities with stakeholders, partners, and customers on a reoccurring schedule weekly, monthly, and quarterly to review state of Agile practices adoption
- 3 years minimum work experience with relevant technologies, facilitating agile practices with one or more agile teams
- Strong experience facilitating Scrum processes and events (minimum 2 years)
- Strong experience facilitating the adoption and application of Kanban
- Demonstrating strong knowledge of and background with Agile concepts
- Having some background or coursework in Computer Science or related work experience.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative and fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Passionate about software quality and Agile practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in formal and informal settings
- Possesses skills and motivation to thrive in a highly collaborative environment
- Attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (SCPO)
- Agile Certified Practioner (PMI-ACP)
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM)
- SAFe Agilist Certification (SA)
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.