Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ALUMNI ONLY: Recruitment Professional Internship - FA 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 522667BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 02/05/2018
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
This opportunity is exclusively for those students who have successfully completed the Disney College Program and would like to take part in a professional role at the Walt Disney World® Resort.
ResponsibilitiesBe part of an innovative team and culture…
As part of the Disney Cruise Line Recruitment team, the Professional Intern needs to support Recruiters with shipboard recruitment needs and effectively communicate with international agencies, direct hires and rehires all while ensuring the candidate, recruiter, and client experience memorable interactions.
In this exciting role, you will demonstrate a strong understanding of people, process, and technology within a fast-paced, environment. You’ll drive results and make things happen by assisting in the candidate experience including verification of pre-employment reference check documentation and on-boarding of new crew from our shore side Celebration office.
Basic QualificationsWhat You Bring to the Role:
- A driven self-starter who has the ability to take ownership of work with limited supervision
- Experience within campus/university outreach, orientation or recruitment initiatives
- A task-oriented focus with proven organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to follow structured processes to ensure the accuracy of candidate files throughout the recruiting cycle, including inputting information into Kenexa and other internal/external DCL systems (Sterling, DOC)
- Strong relationship building skills; ability to resolve conflict and partner with other team members in order to expedite the pre-employment medical process
- Capability to prioritize work and meet deadlines; assist with new hire file preparation and accurate processing in SAP
- Computer proficiency including experience with spreadsheets and databases, working knowledge of Microsoft products (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and SharePoint
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization through verbal and written communication
- Proven strong presentation skills
- Capacity to handle confidential information
- Prior or current experience or understanding of HR systems and processes
- Subject matter expertise with talent acquisition technology systems such as Kenexa and SAP
- Knowledge of the cruise industry
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Recommendation: Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
The positions offered through this posting are all located at the Walt Disney World® Resort located near Orlando, FL. A limited amount of company-sponsored housing may be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.