Analyst, Indirect TaxApply Now Apply Later Job ID 729317BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Dec. 04, 2019
The Indirect Tax group manages all sales and use and most gross receipts tax compliance for The Walt Disney Company and affiliates in the US and Canada. This group is responsible for implementing and maintaining several indirect tax systems with a heavy focus system automation, data analytics and process improvement. The Indirect Tax group is responsible for managing all indirect tax audits and planning initiatives.
- Prepare returns and related payments in accordance with a tax calendar.
- Generate and analyze necessary reports for preparation of sales and use and other gross receipts tax returns for assigned business area(s).
- Reconcile indirect tax activity to the general leger
- Analyze and audit tax account activity and communicate any issues with appropriate team members
- Educate business area personnel on corrective procedures when identifying tax errors
- Support Front-of-House, SAP and Vertex interfaces to ensure sales and use tax is being properly reported in SAP
- Run Alteryx Workflows
- Participate in audit field work and respond to information requests from auditors as assigned
- Maintain and enhance knowledge of law and developments that affect assigned business area(s).
- Special projects as assigned
- 0-2 years’ experience in sales and use tax, gross receipts tax and/or technology
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with external and internal partners
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Passion to work in a dynamic and complex financial system and sales/use and indirect tax environment
- Self-starter that takes a hands-on approach
- Superior Excel skills
- SAP experience
- Vertex Sales Tax Return Software
- Vertex L Series Tax Decision Maker (TDM) maintenance
- Vertex O Series Tax Decision Maker (TDM) maintenance
- Knowledge of Non US GST/VAT compliance
- Knowledge of Alteryx
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Information Systems or equivalent
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.