Analyst, International Income TaxApply Now Apply Later Job ID 714459BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 24, 2019
Disney Tax is a fast-paced, dynamic environment made up of multiple subgroups that collectively manage the tax needs of The Walt Disney Company and its Subsidiaries. Disney Tax Operations is a key component that provides team members with varied opportunities which build skills and empower the tax professional of the future. This opportunity is a once in a career chance to participate as a change agent in a finance transformation. We want innovative team members who thrive on change and discovery.
The Disney Tax Operations - Income Tax Group is responsible for the preparation and filing of all income tax returns, deferred tax analysis, and stock basis computations. The group also supports the audit and controversy function by providing supporting workpapers and drafting information document requests for inquires. The Income Tax Group assists other groups within the tax department (e.g. tax planning, tax provision, forecasting) with the tasks that reside in those groups. Team members will have continuing opportunities to work on special projects and other growth promoting activities
- Prepare US informational international income tax returns (Forms 8858, 5471 and 8865) and related workpapers
- Data collection and analysis (including accounting systems, tax systems, and direct inquiry to business partners)
- Analysis of changes to federal international compliance laws
- Prepare/assist in preparation of forecast, estimate and provision global tax calculations (e.g. Foreign- Derived Intangible Income, Global Intangible-Low Taxed Income, Subpart F, Foreign Tax Credit)
- Partner and review Non-US provision calculations with foreign business units
- Reconcile tax activity to the general ledger and track deferred tax items
- Identify potential process improvements and recommend implementation strategies
- Collaborate with various partners on process review and evaluating new technologies
- Non-US provision
- Tracking of deferred tax assets and liabilities
- Assisting federal and state income tax audits
- Special projects (Forecasting, tax planning, and department wide initiatives)
- 0-2 years in a large corporation or similar experience in a large accounting firm
- Experience should be focused on international and federal income tax.
- Income tax preparation software (such as OneSource RS or CorpTax), RIA (or similar tax research software)
- Experience in Microsoft Office products with emphasis on Excel
- Ability to learn new software quickly
- Experience with SAP and similar GL system, Workfront (project management tool), SharePoint
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent
- Master’s Degree
- CPA or equivalent
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.