Celebration, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 800168BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 08, 2021
Job Summary:If you are reading this, we can guess two things about you: You love to code, and you’re interested in Disney! So, would you like to combine these two together and begin your storytelling journey here at Disney? Within Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP), storytelling is a part of every role! As a member of our team of talented engineers, you’ll help the Consumer Insights, Measurement and Analytics (CIMA) segment tell a story using data and guest focused insights.
Responsibilities:As an Analytics Engineer, you will help bring data to life! In this role, you will help translate digital guest data into useful metrics that creates magical real-world experiences for our guests. Additionally, you will help investigate, recommend, and deploy the next generation of “big data” tools for CIMA and DPEP bringing our team and department into the future.
Our team puts an emphasis on including all of our members in discussions, architecture decisions, and software development, so your insights will be considered from day one.
The Analytics Engineer reports up to the Manager of Data Services.
About YouEvery day is different as an Analytics Engineer. On any given day, you might:
- Develop data automation and requirements
- Accurately identify root cause of issues
- Supply quick defect fixes
- Participate in a “stand up” current status meeting
- Deploy solutions that match customer requirements
- Regularly document changes and proactively updates progress in the request system
- Make suggestions on new approaches to drive adoption, efficiency, quality, or reliability
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical teams, in support of DPEP partners
- Follow corporate policies and laws regarding software development, data privacy and security
- Independently learn new engineering practices to keep current with the latest technology
- Join your team for a fun-filled visit through Walt Disney World Resort
Basic QualificationsPlease apply to be a part of our team if you have the following:
- 5+ years of experience in a Software Engineering role.
- Consistent self-motivation and passion for coding and data
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Familiarity with Python and SQL
- Familiarity with version control concepts and tools (such as GitHub/GitLab)
- Understanding of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), Continuous Integration, Quality Assurance, and Agile Methodologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Dedicated to crafting an effortless user experience
Additional Qualifications (Nice-To-Haves)
- Experience with Java, Springboot Framework, and/or R
- Proficiency with Python and SQL
- Familiarity or experience with Hadoop Ecosystem, MapReduce, PySpark
- Understanding of Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning concepts
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.