Assistant Manager, Licensing, Softlines Disney/PixarApply NowApply Later Job ID 856510BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 13, 2021
- Work with licensees and retailers to give apparel product for (CPGP)
- Implement our strategy for men's sportswear and unisex medical scrubs
- Review quarterly sales forecast information from licensees to build quarterly forecast and budget
- Analyze account (licensee, retailer, brand and property) performance and develop growth goals that are aligned with (CPGP) plans.
- Oversee category input within the 5 years strategy
- Compile and analyze retail sell-through information
- In conjunction with/ support of the PR & Franchise team:
- Ensure approvals of licensee's marketing/promotional elements in or outside of OPA
- Work with Disney channel and studio partners to support licensee needs
- Consumerist: Consumer obsessed, always balancing the art and the science of merchandising to find opportunities, enhance brand and delight our consumer
- Together with Manager, determine category and property strategy to identify new business and revenue opportunities
- Manage daily relationship with licensees
- Support organizing, pitching and selecting licensees
- Set-up and lead licensee business review
- Provide management support in the contract and amendment process
- Perform all tasks of "Contract Owner" for a selection of licensees, / co-manage where relevant with LOB partner
- Support apparel team in everyday responsibilities such as sample organization, social media requests, buy boards, placement grids and other projects
- Partner with Product Development team to improve and bring to market compelling, trend relevant product for categories managed
- Work with Product Development team to ensure approval of products which may include: lead meetings; coordinate programs across multiple categories/consumer segments; review line lists; maintain milestone calendars
- Work with the design partners in packaging development process to ensure approvals and to ensure product features are communicated.
- Prepare product presentations included internal line reviews
- Champion our diversity, equity and inclusion goals through product and collaborations
- Ensure licensee products reflect Disney quality and brand/property goals.
- Assist licensees with securing of assets to support product development
- Research and understand competitive landscape. Monitor the global competitive landscape to capture opportunity
- Build team-oriented relationships with other teams and global partners for new business and cross-promotional opportunities
- Provide all needed product and licensee information to the sales and marketing teams to support retail road shows and presentations
- Partner with Sales Trade Marketing team to determine account promotional and marketing plans and ensure licensee participation
- Partner with sales in assortment / retail planning / sales pitches/ retailer exclusive products where relevant
- Support internal plans generated by Marketing and Sales Teams
Basic Qualifications:You Have:
- Experience with brand and property positioning, manufacturing process, retail business development function, retail distribution and the retail environment
- Fashion experience is important. Product development experience and sense of fashion/trend
- Excellent follow up, organizational and project management skills; handle multiple assignments
- Interpersonal skills and ability to influence a diverse audience including experience working with external partners and business owners to bring product and assortments to the market
- Show up as compelling, dynamic, knowledgeable to teams
- Motivated, proactive, dependable, flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Analytical/strategic thinker
- Computer skills (Keynote, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook)
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years related experience or MBA with 1+ years experience
Additional Information:Our Benefits: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.