Big Data Developer for Marketing and AdvertisingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 715566BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States; Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 15, 2020
- Build data products across the entire platform across all phases of data product development/engineering including design, code development, and testing in an agile environment.
- Collaborate with partners across the data product development teams to deliver project deliverables per defined timelines
- Collaborate cross functional to migrate legacy applications to modern architectures (migrate SQL based databases to cloud solutions like Snowflake, Hadoop, AWS etc.).
- Perform querying optimization, index tuning, and other optimizations to ensure the health of code base and platforms.
- 6+ years of designing and building and engineering data products (structured and unstructured) that are critical in the process of delivering business goal
- Extensive experience with developing, engineering and deploying solutions in a cloud native environment
- Experience with data concepts like ETL, near-/real-time data, data ingest, data syndication, data curation, metadata, and workflow management.
- Experience with big data tools and technologies (NoSQL): Snowflake, Hadoop/HDFS, Shell Scripting, Spark, Kafka, Big Query, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience with programming languages: Python, SQL, Perl, Java, PIG, HIVE, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc
- Experience with code and release management tools (e.g. GITHUB, GITLAB), continuous integration/delivery pipelines, and agile development best-practices.
- Exceptional ability to consistently convey thoughts in a fast-paced multi-level environment
- Exceptional ability to consistently deliver high-quality work in very complex and ambiguous situations
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences, MIS or a related field
- Master’s degree in Computer Sciences, MIS or a related field
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.