Business Affairs ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 913780BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 21, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
- Develop and maintain solid understanding of both Disney Institute and Nat Geo Live’s positions on various business topics; leveraging past precedence where appropriate to advise senior management.
- Provide leadership and direction to assigned staff, ensuring that workflows processes and service levels meet and support business objectives
- Provide stakeholder updates on business affairs-related metrics. Assemble and summarize data; prepare reports; provide executive summaries, analysis, and other presentations to senior management
- Recommend policies to support risk management issues. Gain solid understanding of intellectual property rights, gained from experience working with various partners in rights and clearances, legal, marketing and other business areas
- Negotiate and draft’s different types of contracts for Disney Institute and Nat Geo Live’s services. Work with internal stakeholders and external clients to resolve contract related issues
- Reviews promotions, offers, marketing and advertising materials. Draft disclosures, terms and releases to ensure all rights necessary for compliance
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Highly collaborative. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate to all levels of the organization and with external clients
- A minimum 5 years' experience in contract drafting and negotiation
- Experience with intellectual property rights, gained from experience working in the entertainment industry or in a marketing, advertising or agency environment
- Demonstrated ability to adapt successfully in a fast paced, ever changing environment with minimal direction
- Demonstrated ability to identify best practices to form recommendations and implement solutions to meet changing business needs
- Ability to translate operating goals into processes and assignments
- Prior transactional experience within a corporate environment
- A solid understanding of intellectual property rights, gained from experience working in the entertainment industry, and/or in a marketing, advertising or agency environment
- Strong Acumen, collaboration and executive presence
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Additional Information:This job is located in Orlando, FL.
Our Benefits: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Business Productions, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Business Productions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.